How are Sivir and Tristana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

09-24-2012

I'm asking you guys to give me the facts on where Sivir and Trsitana are ranked when it comes to ad carries. Thanks

FaerellG

09-24-2012

Sivir is pretty boss though she's not used in many tournaments. I'm actually not sure why she's not used as a counter to Graves, but currently the "Pro" ADs are Corki, Graves, and Ezreal.
Occasionally, you see an Ashe for her arrow or a Caitlyn for early game zoning.

You generally won't see Sivir or Trist, but I think they're both exceptional champions. I play sivir primarily for AD carry. If you master her Spell Shield she becomes one of the most durable AD carries as well as one of the hardest hitting due to her Boomerang Blade.

At one point you did see a Taric/Sivir combo in bot lane. The Taric stun guarantees that the BB will land both hits. It was pretty gnarly.

Etherimp

09-25-2012

Sivir is amazing. Great counter-pick to Caitlyn and can snowball pretty hard if you gain an early advantage.

I've seen some really good Tristana's but I've never got the feel for her, personally.

Quazifuji

09-25-2012

I think both are considered good but usually not used in favor of Corki, Graves, or Ezreal. They haven't been seen a ton at tournaments, but know one who knows what they're talking about seems to consider them weak, either.

I know Tristana's generally seen as a bit of a hypercarry. She's got a good early game but a very weak mid-game, but if you can make it to late-game then she becomes incredibly powerful with her escape, massive steroid, and huge AA range. She's also much safer than other ADC hypercarries like Vayne and Kog'maw because of her Rocket Jump and ult being good escapes. However, some people find her Rocket Jump to be a bit unintuitive, unreliable, and possibly buggy (it's treated as a dash and can be interrupted in some ways that don't really make sense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Sivir is pretty boss though she's not used in many tournaments. I'm actually not sure why she's not used as a counter to Graves, but currently the "Pro" ADs are Corki, Graves, and Ezreal.
Occasionally, you see an Ashe for her arrow or a Caitlyn for early game zoning.
CLG Doublelift used Sivir as part of the 3-TP Promote comp at NA Regionals, and some other teams actually banned it against him in some of the later rounds.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Honestly i think sivir is one of the strongest adc in the game right now.

Trist is still one of the best in the end game and can potentially do alot of burst early. can't harass as well as some others though.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

The problem is that both of these champs are oddballs in some way.

Tristana - Starts out with crappy crappy range and all her spells are AP-ratio! WTF? Ideally she uses her surprisingly high base damage on Explosive Shot and Rocket Jump and Buster Shot (with ignite) to be aggressive midgame and rack up some kills.

At level 6 for example she will have Rank 3 Rocket Jump, 2 explosive shot. (rapid fire sux till later).

She can Jump for 160 AoE damage, Exp Shot for 140, Ignite for 100ish?, Buster Shot for 300. Thats a LOT of damage and cuts healing by 1/4th!

So a tristana has to be aware of this and poke at the enemy with exp shot to try to wear them down in anticipation of her ultra combo. She has to USE this combo to get the early advantage.

Midgame comes and she is a bit of a lull. Her range is 620ish, not impressive. She wont have much rapid fire yet, and in team fights she can't exactly rocket jump onto them...

Then Endgame comes and she has 703 range with a 90% AS booster. She literally ignores her other abilities, using buster and jump as utility ONLY and just blasts away.

-----------------

Sivir is also wierd. 500 range suuucks. her boomerang blade is potentially strong but does push a lot and loses damage when going thru creeps. Her ricochet is really only a slightly enhanced autoattack that also pushes the lane. Spell shield is great but requires really good reflexes.

She has a decent poke with her BoomBlade and even ricochet, hitting a creep and bouncing to nearby champs. But dat range blows.
She has the strong Ult with the very odd team-boost effect (odd for an AD carry) which is kind of hard to learn how to use properly.

Lethadind

09-25-2012

Grievous wounds doesn't stack...so igniting and using explosive shot doesn't cut healing to 1/4, it cuts it to 1/2 regardless.

ZeroQuest96

09-26-2012

Sivir is a remarkable carry if you know how to play her. She counters many adc's (even ezreal) with her spell shield. For Sivir you normally build attack speed with a bloodthirster and an I-edge. If the enemy ezreal is stacking dorans rush a BF sword so you out damage what he can lifesteal. After some damage on her and some levels you can push hard by using your q and e on a lane. Sivir likes her attack speed so double phantoms are fun. Pop your ult when pushing towers or securing kills. And remember to spell shield to make the enemy's cc and skillshots a bit less useful.

TheOneMillion

09-26-2012

Sivir is still very strong, even after they greatly lowered her BB damage. I think, however, that after those nerfs, they should increase her AA range to 525. Would help her an insane amount (not like she Really needs it).