Garen- Viable top laner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

haunterz

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
viable, should only be picked late though. his main problem is that he's hard countered by some heroes (teemo, jayce), since his gap closer isn't that fast; so garen shouldn't be picked until the other team has already picked a top. That and if the enemy counterpicks garen, garen doesn't really have another lane he can go to, as he can't jungle, or mid, and he's bad vs nearly every bot combo.
I've seen a few jungle Garens do well, He isn't somebody that is going to be able to solo dragon though. He's not a lost cause in the jungle though, definitely not the worst. (especially with his E minion damage buff.)

Myridus

09-24-2012

He's pretty broken. He stomps just about everyone top lane. Hmm, I'll have to try him vs Rengar next time.

TheTofudabeast

09-24-2012

Garen top lane is more than doable. If they engage on you at all, silence and spin, then back off and passively heal up. They engage again? Same thing.

I've had success starting boots + pots, getting double dorans blade and going right for the Inf Edge, and then an aegis after. Gives you the damage to melt squishies and the tankiness to get to them.