Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

why elo hell dosent exist, my oppinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

09-25-2012

Quote:
xSilentGhostx:
Also you have no right to say this, when skilltesting man is correct. Your top elo is 896. You have no clue how higher elo games would work. Skilltesting's elo is 1444. I would partially agree with him. Support doesn't have the highest impact to the game but also not the lowest, it has a medium impact depending on how you play.

I'm just curious, but if it's not support then who do you think does have the least impact? I don't think it would be mid or jungle... sooo top lane? Or do you think it's the adc themselves?

Genocide Giraffe

09-25-2012

League of Legends is a team game. Every roll on the team is equally important.

Skilltestingman

09-27-2012

Quote:
CarryandTroll:
I actually cannot believe you just said that. I try my BEST to play with supports on a daily basis. Supports mean EVERYTHING in solo q. You can't expect to win when your adc has no support or has no TRUE support. It just won't work.

Ok I think people took my post wrong here.

I never meant supports are worthless, but compared to the other roles, its the least, not saying worthless.

I agree a good support can help your adc a long way, but you really can't say a good support can help a bad adc that much. Supports work better when the adc is doing good as well.

Keeping up the ward's, adc safe and getting kills works wonders.

What I really meant when I can't trust others Is that when I support, I don't get a good adc. He usually cant last hit well, gets zoned very easily by the opponents and overextends despite my pings and gets ganked.

No hates on supports

xSilentGhostx

09-28-2012

Quote:
OriginalJack:
I'm just curious, but if it's not support then who do you think does have the least impact? I don't think it would be mid or jungle... sooo top lane? Or do you think it's the adc themselves?

There is no roll that has the least impact, like wallnut said above, every roll has equal importance except it just depends on who is playing the roll. So in the end it just all ends up with the player

Cyjack

09-28-2012

Elo hell exist because of players who BM their team all game about how **** they are playing and not actually doing a thing to encourage them to do better.

I blame the community...

EyeHearShapes

09-28-2012

Quote:
akrith:
i was having a conversation with one of my friends about gaining elo, i recently won 5 in a row at 1k elo 2 solo 3 duo, he was talking about how he always gets stuck lastpicking the support, people beleave that they cannot have an impact on the game as support, but in my recent games iv realized the importance of a good support, a good support can make an adc 10x's better or 10x's worse also in team fights someone like a soraka can have a big effect on the outcome depending on tho she puts her silence on, the next thing i hear is i have leavers and afk's, every other team encounters the same problems you do, basically at low elo's you have to be a babbysitter and try to stop fights and make kids happy so they will play there best and work together as a team, if your encountering these problems every game so is the opposing team, so i think if you want to gain elo the best thing to do is as soon as you enter the loby instead of calling a roll say heyy whats upp, then when it comes to choosing rolls to remember that the order of the players is based on elo so let the top pick what they want and do your best, yes you will get leavers and afk's but other teams do to, also try to find a time of day that you think is best to play ranked, befor kids get out of school, later at night is when i like to play ranked, i hope this helps people who are struggling in low elo's and just remember its a game, have fun

The theory is that people start ranked as noobs and are not prepared so they lose elo. Elo hell is when your at an elo where theres aleays a 50/50 chance you'll win or lose despite playing well, therefore u never gain or lose elo

Valrcrist

09-28-2012

Quote:
Ok I think people took my post wrong here.

I never meant supports are worthless, but compared to the other roles, its the least, not saying worthless.

I agree a good support can help your adc a long way, but you really can't say a good support can help a bad adc that much. Supports work better when the adc is doing good as well.

Keeping up the ward's, adc safe and getting kills works wonders.

What I really meant when I can't trust others Is that when I support, I don't get a good adc. He usually cant last hit well, gets zoned very easily by the opponents and overextends despite my pings and gets ganked.

No hates on supports

Most supports have a LOT more impact than people give them credit for, if played well, and that impact extends throughout the game. Yes there will be games where your ADC is terrible and the enemy ADC is at least average, but there will be games where the opposite is true as well, or where both ADCs are fairly evenly matched, and that's where support comes in. Assuming that your ADC isn't just COMPLETELY outmatched (which very rarely happens in ranked), bot lane is won or lost by the support, and I don't just mean that the support is responsible for warding/preventing ganks.

Sona/blitzcrank/taric/lulu can all singlehandedly zone the enemy bot lane, due either to the incredibly strong early game poke (lulu/sona), or the threat of being able to get a kill with a CC -> burst combo (blitz/taric). At level 6, blitz or taric can, by themselves, do 50-75% of the enemy's hp in a single combo. This sort of threat and zoning allows your ADC to free farm, and denies CS to the opponent, as well as opens up the possibility of kills.

Janna/Soraka are much more passive in lane, but Soraka sustain is STILL amazing, particularly with someone like Graves or Ezreal where your ability to feed them mana lets them harass indefinitely essentially. Playing Janna well makes it nearly impossible for your ADC to die, thanks to the massive massive amount of CC she has.

Even putting aside the specific abilities of which support you're playing, doing things like knowing where the enemy is warding and dropping a pink ward to clear that out makes a HUGE difference. It gives you incredible map pressure, even if you're losing your lane, because it means that the enemy has to play passively due to a lack of vision on the jungler.

All of this is only in the laning phase, which is what you were talking about exclusively, but you completely seemed to miss the point that supports can make an INCREDIBLE difference in teamfights as well, as well as overall map pressure throughout the game. Once laning phase ends, having wards across the map can literally win you the game, PARTICULARLY at lower elos where people are more likely to throw. If you know, thanks to ward coverage, that the enemy team is split, then you can drop down on 1-3 of them with all 5, and win a 5v3 even if your team is behind. This will then let you force objectives like baron or towers, because even if the other team is ahead, it's very rare for one team to be so far ahead that they can win a 3v5 or a 2v5.

Not to mention the fact that supports tend to have very very strong CC abilities. A single blitz pull can win you the game, if you can grab someone like the AD or AP carry into the middle of your team in a siege situation. This can turn a 5v5 into a 4v5 instantly. Lulu ult is an AoE knockup, and she has a 2 second single target CC. Sona ult is an AoE 1.5 second stun. Janna tornado is an AoE knockup, and her ult can be used to split the enemy team, effectively turning a 5v5 into two different teamfights; a 5v3 and a 5v2. Not to mention the fact that her shield not only prevents damage, but also gives more AD than a BF sword. Nunu ult is an INCREDIBLE area denial ability, since if you use it on the entire enemy team, they have to either try to kill you before it ends, waste CC on you that would be better used on someone else on your team, or try to run/flash out of before it goes off. Nunu ult has over 1100 BASE damage, so if you do pull it off on the entire enemy team, then YOU, the "not damaging" support, will have done 1/3 to 1/2 of the entire enemy team's life with one ability. Not to mention the fact that Nunu effectively gives your ADC a free Phantom Dancer, AND reduces the enemy ADC's attack speed by 25%, and movespeed by 60%, which makes them incredibly easy to dive on.

What I'm getting at is that the champs that are supports, are supports for a reason. It doesn't matter that they aren't going to be the ones blowing up the enemy team, they can do something more important, give YOUR team the opportunity to do so by allowing them to unload their damage on the enemy team unopposed.