Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think of my change vs riots?

I didn't even read the post, I just hate rengar, kill him, kill him with fire. 21 11.41%
I didn't even read the post, I just love rengar, death to the heratics, buff him more. 25 13.59%
I think that the true issue with rengar is his AP Scaling, Rengar should only be AD 110 59.78%
Rengar is OP,he is one of the top 5 strongest champs in game, thus making him worthy of nerfage 28 15.22%
Voters 184 .

>>Riot please read<< Final Conclusion-An alternative to the new Rengar Nerf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peter Madhorse

09-25-2012

Now he got this nerf
Savagery ( Q ) - Cooldown increased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 from 6/6/6/6/6.

I didnt like it... His early jungling is to slow... Now its even slower...

Lord Pwnsalot

09-25-2012

Previous poster, can you post the link to where these notes are, I could not find them. I was just linking what others did. We need to find a way to voice the fact that they're taking away rengars jungle to almost unusable levels.

KnightCheckmate

Recruiter

09-25-2012

biased poll is biased

Zenmetsu Saseru

09-25-2012

Somewhat.

Lord Pwnsalot

09-25-2012

I don't know how its in any way biased, I made an option for everyone. You can't just say some typical internet trollage without backing it up. The main point here is that he really doesn't need this nerf at all, especially with how riot is handling it. They're increasing his deficits and not getting rid of his supposed overpowered strengths. There is no need for a nerf to someone that people just haven't learned to counter yet.

What I mean by this is that the original way this nerf snowballed, was that rengar was being built AP, so they decided to nerf some of the damage of his W, then, somehow, they nerfed his defenses, which are already lacking considerably. This nerf to defense will severly hamper his ganking ability (he is meant to be an assassin) and his jungling ability (which is already known to be subpar).

They further have gone on to nerf his early game, by now making the cooldown for his W 8/7.5/7/6.5/6. Meaning an EVEN SLOWER jungle, and even worse ganks.

So now rengar has a nerfed early and late game. So KnightCheckmate, Riot or anyone, please, elaborate as to why Rengar, a champ that has literally been around for maybe 2 months - and completely ignored because of how poor his performance is, get a nerf when he actually can now stand up to other champions in his category. Why nerf him before nerfing someone for example, lee sin, who surpasses Rengar in many, many, many ways. A nerf should happen to someone that is relatively overpowered, not someone who just happens to be strong, and is now being played due to a recent buff. It's like giving someone a present and then you decide you like it, so you take it back so that now you have it. I just find it frustrating when there is other champions who are WAY stronger than Rengar, but now that he's been given a surge of popularity, he needs to get nerfed. Then, he will never be looked at again, and will fall into that void where hes not a problem, and no one ever plays him because he got nerfstomped, so he's just never played. I personally have fallen in love with his playstyle, but it's going to be annoying that I feel I should almost tone down by performance to prevent people from crying " nerf rengar" all over the forums.

Zenmetsu Saseru

09-25-2012

Very well, what about the ones who don't want the change at all, or how about the ones, like me, did very well with buggy Rengar and only wanted it a fix for it to make him smoother and nothing else?

Lord Pwnsalot

09-25-2012

Also here is a link to what is in process

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news

Hopefully with enough attention we can prevent it from happening, as this will almost take rengar out of the jungle, and just destroy him in team fights late game.

Redragebar

09-25-2012

His win rates in high elo, as well as all the pro players saying that he is overpowered, is a better indicator of his state than claiming that a nerf is a nerf. He is squishier than some other brusiers, but his damage is also way better than some other bruisers, because it is a lot more burst. He really didn't need that a massive of a defensive buff. He was unplayed until recently because the QoL buffs made it way easier to perfectly stream his abilities to full potential.

Tell me what other WAY stronger champions are consistently banned on high ELO, where about 3 different streamers I've watched in the past three days have constantly stated that rengar has to be banned. He has a lot going on in his kit, which is why he receives number nerfs. His passive makes top laning against him a nightmare, especially paired with his W and empowered W sustain.

Fox P McCloud

09-25-2012

Quote:
Redragebar:
His win rates in high elo, as well as all the pro players saying that he is overpowered, is a better indicator of his state than claiming that a nerf is a nerf. He is squishier than some other brusiers, but his damage is also way better than some other bruisers, because it is a lot more burst. He really didn't need that a massive of a defensive buff. He was unplayed until recently because the QoL buffs made it way easier to perfectly stream his abilities to full potential.

Tell me what other WAY stronger champions are consistently banned on high ELO, where about 3 different streamers I've watched in the past three days have constantly stated that rengar has to be banned. He has a lot going on in his kit, which is why he receives number nerfs. His passive makes top laning against him a nightmare, especially paired with his W and empowered W sustain.

Alistar is banned way more than Rengar, FWIW =p Rengar gets through about as much as TF does, but Alistar never gets through anymore. Not saying Rengar isn't OP (he is), just saying there's another champ out there that's probably more OP than Rengar, ATM.

Fox P McCloud

09-25-2012

Rengar is turbo OP right now, but I'm really concerned about the triple nerf coming his way, which might make him a PoS jungler if all 3 go through.

Q: Increased the CD to 8 seconds early game--still 6 for late game
W: base armor reduced by 5 early game--25 late game
W: damage reduced to 60 (-15) early game and 235 (-30) late game.

Tried these changes (minus the damage reduction on W), and it slows down his jungle by a good 16 seconds....mega-ouch.

Jungling boots+3 pots is extremely risky now without help (this is 9-21 to boot); you fall extremely low without a very very strong leash (if you're going full clear...level 2 ganks will largely be the same as they were before).