Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you build Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanerian

09-24-2010

Quote:
Ulminati:
I've had a fair amount of success on the EU servers with this build:

• dorans ring + pot
  • tear of the godess + boots of speed on the first RTB
  • boots of speed -> boots of swiftness
  • mejai's soulstealer
  • spirit visage
  • tear->archangels
  • Needlessly large rod
  • Zhonya's ring

Pretty much exactly how I build her, I'm having good success. I'm curious what Runes do you prefer?

I generally skip the Dorans ring, due to the constant heal and flash, I find I don't often need the extra hp, even though I generally start with Dorans on most characters. I've just been going Meki straight into Tear. But I'd never suggest against Dorans, especially if you are new, or not confident about lane-ing.

I'm still tinkering with my build, I'm fairly certain Archangels and Mejais are going to be core items, it's so easy to build them with her. After that I'm still trying different things. Aegis, Soul Shroud, Deathfire, etc. Cooldown is nice on her, but I'm not sure if I want to go with SPirit Visage all the time.

Ulminati

09-24-2010

At the moment my EU runes aren't done. Still farming IP. That's also most of the reason I start with a Doran's. Once I get 3 flat HP quints, I'll go straight for meki myself. I should probably have specified that.

The plan is go go flat HP quints, Magic Pen Marks, MP5/level Seals and Cooldown/Level Glyphs.

I'm also severely tempted to replace Zhonya's with a lich bane. It would drop my AP from 556 to 420, but allow me to push towers and do some respectable damage in the lategame.

elfyy

09-24-2010

deathfire grasp and lich bane are really good items on her

i go with a dorans ring and deathfire grasp so i dont need any other mana regen items if i manage my mana carefully, sorc boots or merc treads, then lich bane or zhonya and a few elixirs. never got past that really lol

i rarely buy any survival item other than zhonyas as it is really easy to stay alive due to the nature of her skills
a mejais works wonders on her too once you get the hang of it

Whitemage82

09-24-2010

Meki > Tear
Boots > Merc Treads or Sorcerer's Shoes
Tear > Archangel Staff
Glacial Shroud > Frozen Heart
Banshee's Veil
Second Archangel's Staff

Grinningsphinx

09-24-2010

pendant to tear

boots 1

soulstealer

armor+hps item or MR+ hps item depending on team comp

finish AA staff

game should be over by then unless your going 45-60 mins in which case

Zhonyas

Schendi

09-25-2010

Regrowth + mana pot
Regrowth -> Philosopher's
Boots1
Kage's Lucky Pick
Boots1 -> Mercury's or Boots3
Philosopher's -> Shurelya's Reverie
Ryla's or Sould Shroud (first buying Giant's Belt)
Sould Shroud or Ryla's
Archangel's (longest game ended here)
Kage's Lucky Pick -> Deathfire Grasp

I think regrowth pendant as starting item isn't bad, cause you won't have to use W that much and save more mana for Q harassment (i have Q priority 1 most games) and you can build it into philosopher's and later into shurelya's (which is really great on sona). philosopher's and kage's also partially solve sona's gold problem for me.
with this build, i get tear of the goddes pretty late, but it's ok. I always take 1-2 manapots with me, unless i can get golem. So with manareg seals and mastery, mana isn't that much of a problem. Also max. cd reduction and hp have higher priority.
With this build and a standard 9/0/21 mastery you will only need 2 flat cd reduction glyphs to reach the 40%.

TPaiiN

09-25-2010

check it

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...survival-20105 (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sona-support-survival-20105)

AreYouReady2Die

09-25-2010

Melki's Pendant + 2 mana pots
Upgrade to Tear of the Goddess
Boots 1
Upgrade Tear to ArchAngel
Build a Catalyst
Boots 2 Magic Pen/Boots 3
Upgrade to Rod of the Ages
SoulStealer+2 more ArchAngel or a Zhonya's
or 3 ArchAngel