How do you build Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nzo

09-23-2010

I'm just curious how others build her.

My current build.

• Meki + Pots -> Tear
  • Boots 1
  • RoA
  • Boots 2
  • Glacial Shroud / Veil
  • Veil / Glacial Shroud
  • Tear -> Archangel's Staff
  • Zhonya's Ring
  • Shroud ->Frozen Heart

Games are normally done before I even get to upgrading my tear. But thats basically thats I've been building her. I've only had one game where I actually completed the archangel's + zhonya's, and the AP on her was amazing. But I would never considering trying AP before defense on her.

Cenerae

09-23-2010

Mana manip or doran's ring+hp pot
Catalyst the protector
Boots 1 + innervating locket
Boots of swiftness or merc's treads
Soul shroud, or DFG if someone else is making the shroud
Aegis of the Legion if nobody has one, Mejai's if team has it
Game is long over by this point, but if it drags on...
Zhonya's ring + archangel staff to finish off.

Locket for spamming, soul shroud/DFG to max out your CDR and provide an aura or some additional burst. Aegis helps your team, mejai's is trivial to build stacks on if you play smart.

I don't feel AP on her is all that effective compared to CDR. You give up a semi-perma team ghost for what amounts to slightly better nuking and healing (when factoring in the 40% CDR), and that's before you consider the other lost team auras. Of course, once you have your CDR cap and your auras, AP is a nice way to round her off. Though the game is probably over by then.

PerAnon

09-23-2010

I've played around with a few builds, and right now, I like this:

Meki + hp pots -> Tear
Boots 1 -> Boots of Speed
Spirit Visage
Kage's Lucky Pick -> DFG
AA staff
Zhonya's

Visage is a great fit, adding a lot of survivability for its cost - the passive is pretty clutch for Sona.

DFG rounds out your CDR, gives some extra AP, and the active lets Sona's damage stay relevant for longer than normal.

I actually haven't had a game last long enough to get a Zhonya's built, but it seems like the best choice late.

ArAr Rrrr

09-23-2010

1st game with Sona: 11/3/24
items:

Leviathan
Mejai's Soulstealer
Mercury's Threads
Soul Shroud
Rylai's Scepter
Lich Bane
+elixir of brilliance

hahaha, funny build. It's great fun if your enemy arent skilled ones^^
Next match, I'll try other builds that maybe makes better sense to you

btw. 20 stacks in no time

SSpells: Ghost and Exhaust
and I went 8/21/1

am I weird? o.O

Alberio Imma

09-23-2010

Mana Manip -> Locket
Deathfire's Grasp
Archangel
Rylai's
Zhonya's

Locket ensures that you never run out of mana, DF keeps your CD low and gives 60 AP, Archangel and Rylai's are interchangeable. AA gives good mana and AP/CDR, but Rylai's gives survivability and a slow in teamfights.
Zhonya's is last for the AP boost and the invincibility.

A MALLARD DUCK

09-24-2010

I find that Sona has a very low item budget early unless getting fed. As the game goes on more assists will pile up compared to the early game. This is why I don't rush a Mejai's, they'll start coming in by the ton after you buy it. Keep this in mind when building her, go for cheap effective items to start, then build them up as the game goes on. When playing Sona, focus on only using abilities as they're needed, as opposed to spamming all day and night. Spam has a time and a place (team fights mostly), but until your Tear gets some stacks at least, your mana will be troublesome. Clarity definitely helps.

Mana Gem + 1 HP pot + 1 MP pot
Catalyst + Boots1 (must get at least Catalyst on first trip back)
Tear (sometimes just Meki if assists/kills stacking up in exchange for...)
Mejai's (unless getting rolled, stacks are very easy to come across)
(rest of Tear)
Boots3 -or- Merc Treads
Giant's Belt
AA Staff
Soul Shroud
Locket -or- Banshee's Veil (unless you have a good reason, I'd say getting the Veil at this point is more effective, remember you gotta keep your stacks!)
Aegis -or- GA (tbh I haven't gotta far enough for this yet)

Spells: Clarity + Flash
Mastery: 9/0/21
Runes: Magic Pen / MP5 per level / CD Reduction / Flat HP

Urushiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Kinda interesting support champion. I might try her

Ulminati

09-24-2010

I've had a fair amount of success on the EU servers with this build:

• dorans ring + pot
  • tear of the godess + boots of speed on the first RTB
  • boots of speed -> boots of swiftness
  • mejai's soulstealer
  • spirit visage
  • tear->archangels
  • Needlessly large rod
  • Zhonya's ring
If the enemy team is extremely heavy on magic damage, consider Merc treads. Sorc shoes are ok if you're facerolling to victory already, but I prefer BoS for positioning my hymn of valour and getting to and from teamfights.

I mostly premake with a friend. I get a few early kills with my premade laning partner early to fund the early items faster. By the time I get mejai's, I mostly get assists. Not dying is key to the build being useful, as losing those stacks sets you back a fair amount. Storing up 2 songs and then going in with hymn of valour + power chord is usually enough to finish a harrased enemy off if my teammate is on him as well.

Summoner spells are clairvoyance and flash. With a 40 sec cooldown on clair, I make sure to use it whenever we're pushing to check the jungle for incoming ganks; spotting the river for solomid when people go MIA and keeping tabs on dragon, golem, lizard and baron. The summoner spells tend to draw snide remarks from people who think I'm following Phails champion spotlight video. (If you are, you're doing something wrong. The build he advocates is terribad). But they usually change their tune after a few minutes.

Sona is still terribly team dependant to do well, but it seems solo queue players on EU are generally more friendly and willing to cooperate. My experience on the US servers has usually been a team with 3 carries and a tank who thinks he's carry all running off solo and shouting obscenities after they get themselves killed. :|

peyo

09-24-2010

Doran's Shield + HP pot
Boots
Soulstealer
Merc Treads (she needs them as hell)
defensive item
Zhonya
defensive item

never got further

Klazzix

09-24-2010

D.Ring
Cata
Mercs
Soul Shroud
Locket (Cata)
Bloodrazors
Elixirs

M.Pen + 9/0/21