Recommended Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crippen

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremee View Post
In high ELO gameplay Alistar is the best Tank. He is dam near invincible, and can absolutely tank any turret alone.

Lol not really. Sure he can tank a lot of damage, but there's almost no reason to target him in a teamfight since all he can do is use 2 skills then be completely useless for 10 seconds (which is a really long time).

I R Orc Peon

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippen View Post
Lol not really. Sure he can tank a lot of damage, but there's almost no reason to target him in a teamfight since all he can do is use 2 skills then be completely useless for 10 seconds (which is a really long time).
Had a game vs an AP alistar.. **** he was scary.. Headbutt and then an almost instant hit with lichbane did insane damage.. plus they had a kayle and zilean guaranteeing that he would get away back out from any tower dive.. And it seemed like there was nothing we could do about it.

Anyways, a tank isnt necesarily the best initiator.

Shen doesnt really have the range to start a fight. But he can quickly react to help the initiator.

And while Galio can certainly initiate often he is a bit low after, and if you havent managed to break the enemy teams spirit, its nice to have some team mates with enough defense so they arent too scared to take over...doesnt have to be much as you just need them to be able to take a few hits so you can buff them and get healed.

Also anyone that the other team has a reason to focus can be built as a tank. Such as Soraka. She can be almost impossible to kill while you team cleans up the dps that chases you around.

Histrion

09-24-2010

How suprised i am nobody mentioned Udyr !
Tough as Mord but with a stun.

alsowikk

09-24-2010

There is so much miss information in this thread.

Shen, Rammus and Amumu are the best main tanks over all
other viable off tanks and semi viable main tanks are nasus, galio, singed.

The rest either shouldn't be tanks by tag( I like morde as much as the next guy but no cc stops him from being a tank, and vlad's only damage mitigation makes him untargetable, not helping the team by tanking) or aren't good enough I can recomend playing them if you want to be comptettitive.

WinstonWonderlnd

09-24-2010

malphite
hes fun
he can jungle
he can initiate
he can harras
he can tower dive with low hp cause his passive
he can take out dps champs by massivly reducing attack speed
his ulti can rapeface
...anything i missed?