Recommended Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admiral Yolo

09-23-2010

does anyone know any good tanks? Im looking for a tank thats fun to use, but is also still really good.

DrDragun

09-23-2010

Amumu and Shen are the best, Rammus is also good and imo more fun. Galio is good but 6300

TheOrckenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

Shen, Mord and Singed would like to have a word with you....

Eppa

09-23-2010

Shen and Amumu are generally seen as the 2 best tanks, depending on situation.

MEGA ALBINO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

I think That Shen is awesome.
Granted, I've never played any other tanks ;P

Amaterasuomikami

09-23-2010

Shen, Amumu AND Rammus

Those are the top tanks.

Personally my maintank is Rammus :] Dont let people trick you into thinking hes only a counter-melee

Hes imo, equal to Mummy and Shen if your are good at what your doing.

Sadly, im one of the only good Rammus i ever see :[

GiRoark

09-23-2010

It depends on what you are doing. I am no pro (level 19) and I mostly solo or duo queue TT, and some SR.

Shen is pretty tough to beat in any situation, however when I solo queue more often than not I pick Amumu. His ultimate allows you to set up situations for your teammates to easily cause significant damage.

You can also, stun and do a huge amount of %hp based damage later on. All around solid.

If you are solo queue you can't rely on your team to be amazing so pure tank champs like Alistair won't do you any good.

Radamanthys3

09-23-2010

morg...ana? a tank?

or did you mean morde? he's more of a durable caster

Leirkov

09-23-2010

In terms of the accepted top tier tanks:

Shen - Taunt, save allies, damage mitigation, and a minor heal. Excellent.
Amumu - Stun, AoE snare, AoE % based damage, -damage + AoE damage all in one. Best initiator in the game.

Other very strong tanks:

Rammus - Taunt, damage reduction with + armor and MR, forces you to attack and take damage as a result, pushes towers quite hard. Good initiation / hard to get away from thanks to Powerball.

Galio - More of a support-type tank but still can mitigate damage (and heal himself with it), poke with Q and E, move everyone up to fight faster / get away, and his ult is amazing if used properly.

So you will consider Amumu and Shen top picks, Amumu is banned in almost every ranked game so take Shen.

kotahlicious

09-23-2010

lol morganna tank