Honorable Competitors: Xpecial

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2012

lol at the downvotes. CLG fanboys perhaps?

Xearigal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

The hardest part in this game is to understand that your victory depends on the rest of the team. If you know others are giving their best but they still can't keep up, the only thing needed for the game or player to improve is to give out some useful (positive) advice. Lately, too many players think that K : D ratio shows how good a player is. They even bring out how many deaths a tank or a support has as if that matters. Some players would die a thousand times (yep, sounds like feeding though) if that's going to help the team achieve victory. Score stops mattering when you understand that your effort and optimism is what can turn a "clearly lost game" into something as impressive as a 4v5 win.

Unseen Peril

Recruiter

09-24-2012

Welcome to the League of Legends Community!

Rustmaker

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gatsby View Post
[aws3]news/September_2012/2012_09_24_Xspecial_Interview/Xspecial.jpg[/aws3]

Riot Games: Can you give us an example of when another player’s attitude really made a positive impact on your enjoyment of a match?

Xpecial: There was a period of time where at the gaming house that we had a very unstable connection. Unfortunately, this connection decided to be uncooperative during a ranked game. I was playing AD Ezreal and just farming away at the bottom lane when my connection stopped working. After several minutes of disconnecting, I returned to a relatively even game. Even though I was significantly behind, my teammates encouraged me by saying that we still had a chance and that I needed to farm. The support player warded all the entrances into the bottom lane, ensuring that I could farm safely. Even though we still lost that game, I was extremely grateful to my teammates for not simply blaming me in what ended up in a very close game and making the best out of a poor situation. Sometimes, one needs to take a step back and remember it's not always about the victory screen.
Did anybody else think that "connection" was a metaphor for The Rain Man?

lyncis

09-24-2012

Without the victory screen, theres no need for me to play this or be positive.

Newsflash: Rage/anger means you don't want to play. When I give positive feedback in a more joking manner than malicious and your immediate reaction is to bite my head off; its time to go and have a warm bath. If I crack a harmless joke in champion select and you start to bawl your eyes out in real life; go rub one out. Release that virgin nerd tension then try again.

Stop playing this game because you think getting elo will make you a better person. Play it because you like it. And play it when you want to. If you've got nothing better to do; then get banned and don't whine about it.

Didn't say the straight truth wouldn't hurt.

Alphas In Charge

09-24-2012

This is such an encouraging post. Thank you so much.

Adrian Umbra

Recruiter

09-24-2012

Good guy Xpecial.

Deioky

Recruiter

09-24-2012

you guys should post videos rather than just posting these in words

DeafCatMoan

09-24-2012

Good Guy Xpecial

Enterti

09-24-2012

I am so confused