New Free Champion Rotation (Season Two: Week 44)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unclesatan

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Janas View Post
Pretty sure the free week roster is mostly intended for new players to try out champions. No idea why so many people feel that each roster should cater to them personally.

The reason some champions appear more often than others is that they are decent champions for new players to pick up. The free roster was what enabled me when I first started to try champions and see which ones I wanted as when you first start, the large array of champions can be overwhelming.

Long story short, if you're a long time player of LoL, chances are these rosters aren't aimed at you.
Thank you for saying this. If you plan on playing this game a very long time, what's the harm in spending anywhere near the 50$ you spend on other games, on this game. Just gotta do it one time for all the champions that you people get angry if they aren't free every week.

However, seeing Ashe, Ryze, Sivir and Taric over and over again is getting old, each of those champions can be bought with 4 losing games of IP.

Choclategod

09-24-2012

Epic week, defiantly gonna try out Hec, Naut and Singed. Awesome

IBastardI

09-24-2012

there goes ashe again D:

xHeimtechZX

09-24-2012

Only one I haven't tried here is Syndra. Glad I bought Naut on sale long time ago because then I would of had waited for weeks for this rotation. I don't regret buying Naut
Cassiopeia, Karma, Malzahar, Nidalee, Shaco, and Yorick are the only champs I haven't played yet, so they haven't appeared in over...three-four months (the time I had been playing LoL). I guess Riot forgot about Karma

Semirhage13

09-24-2012

Quote:
Pretty sure the free week roster is mostly intended for new players to try out champions. No idea why so many people feel that each roster should cater to them personally.

The reason some champions appear more often than others is that they are decent champions for new players to pick up. The free roster was what enabled me when I first started to try champions and see which ones I wanted as when you first start, the large array of champions can be overwhelming.

Long story short, if you're a long time player of LoL, chances are these rosters aren't aimed at you.

These rosters got me started. I'm glad the price range mix is there...helps you try out some of the expensive ones you want to save for or pick up a cheap one you hadn't tried yet but have now because of the rotation.

Someone else said something like "Why not spend the $50 to buy these champs..." or "you can get these from ~4 losses worth of IP..."

I say, speak from experience, not all kids (or their parrents) have that kind of money to throw around on a game...and not all adults have time to lose ~12 games (3 champs x 4 losses) to unlock characters... We all have budgets, busy schedules and besides...who here hasn't bought a champ and found you didn't like the play style...Syndra anyone?

Gotta have some beginner champs to bring new blood into the game/community. Thats what it's all about. Sharing the LoL spirit and an enjoying the game.

Levitating Cow

09-25-2012

Come on lets see some GOOD champions we haven't seen in a while!

Thekoalacub

09-25-2012

Quote:

Well said!!!

Exacerberus

09-25-2012

Yet another average rotation. I'm not gonna complain though, rotation are meant to address to new players mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leorite View Post
Gahh TY! for not putting Katarina, mid would've been HORRIBLE. I don't need to see triple kills from katarina's Death lotus lol.
L2Interrupt... I bet you fear Trynda and deem Master Yi OP. CC > damage.

jtimberlake

09-25-2012

just wanna say syndra is NOT tht hard to play.

jtimberlake

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeimtechZX View Post
Only one I haven't tried here is Syndra. Glad I bought Naut on sale long time ago because then I would of had waited for weeks for this rotation. I don't regret buying Naut
Cassiopeia, Karma, Malzahar, Nidalee, Shaco, and Yorick are the only champs I haven't played yet, so they haven't appeared in over...three-four months (the time I had been playing LoL). I guess Riot forgot about Karma

Shaco is fun and not expensive.Ive seen shaco's tht dominate a game and shaco's tht caused my enemy to lose.(he was on thier team) So im glad ur w8ing cuz u could suck with him and u buy him and u waste 1 of ur refunds.. (no ofense)