rammas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistmann

09-24-2012

this rollie pollie is relec now days.

what is a good jungle build/ early build/ order of items in a gernal aspect

LogicalTautology

09-24-2012

Start Cloth+5.
Build into Philo, Boots1, Heart of Gold. Usually in that order.
Build into either Merc or Ninja, depending on game.

From there, build tanky items to help your team. Aegis is a good start, as are Shurelya's and Randuin's.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-24-2012

okay

mistmann

09-24-2012

hmm, i build health regroth, in to philo then boots

from there i look for merc or ninja, into heart of gold.

after that im kinda lost depends on ap heavy or ad heavy team.

what is the advantage of going cloth 5 it seams like it would be a gold set back exp for a slow jungler

oh yeah right, im health regain runes, and 0-26-4

Aureline

09-24-2012

You mean just Rammus, then, not junglers in general?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-24-2012

Cloth armor builds into Madred's Razor and Wriggle's Lantern, which a few junglers like to use.

Aureline

09-24-2012

Yeah, was going to suggest Wriggle's. It's usually my first pick on jungling, but I've never jungled Rammus so I wasn't sure if it'd be a good call or not.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-24-2012

I'm not super sure.

It is worth mentioning though that Rammus' passive makes his attack damage scale with his armor and his W scales with Armor.

So the cloth armor gives Rammus 18 extra armor, which helps with survivability (along with the potions), but that also translates into 4.5 attack damage from his passive, and his W, which reflects 15 magic damage at level 1 would instead be reflecting 16.8 magic damage.

I don't know whether Wriggle's Lantern is still a good option for Rammus (haven't jungled him in quite some time), but it's hard to go wrong starting cloth armor with Rammus--you'll build it into something useful eventually, and other than maybe a Doran's Shield, there's not really a better starting item for Rammus (and I'm not sure whether Rammus can survive through the jungle starting with Doran's Shield).

Aureline

09-24-2012

Thanks for reminding me about his passive, haha. Wriggle's gives a modest bit of ad, some armor, and a bit of lifesteal. The built-in ward is also very useful, as is the passive proc that does 400 ap damage on minions, at random.

I'd say Cloth Armor is a solid starting item no matter what. I haven't really heard of anyone recommending starting with a Doran's Shield .. ever. o__0

LogicalTautology

09-24-2012

Cloth Armor builds into either Ninja Tabei or your Aegis, and you should really always be buying one of the two.

edit- http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=7315