Reworked Priscilla's Blessing Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

So, for those of us who have been with Dom since the beginning, we remember Priscilla's Blessing. Perhaps the most powerful item to ever grace the Crystal Scar. A Rammus or Teemo with this item and mob boots was a nightmare.

Now, I do understand why it was removed, but I think the idea of it could actually return if it was done right.

15% capture rate increase was too much to have with an addition of an MS boosting active. But what if those were reversed? What if the active boosted capture rates (on a long CD) and the passive was a bit of MS?

Priscilla's Blessing
2 Rejuvenation Beads (500g) + 1100g = 1600g
+25 HP per 5
+5% MS
UNIQUE Active: Increases capture rate by 25% for 12 seconds (does not stack with other Capture Rate modifiers). (2 minute cooldown)

This would give a champion the ability to quickly capture one point every couple minutes, but it would only be good every couple of minutes.

I think the game does need some sort of item for quickly capturing points, but it shouldn't be able to let you backdoor constantly. With this item only having an active on a long cooldown, it would be a niche pick for champion who may occasionally backdoor or who need to quickly bring back a point lategame to prevent a loss.

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

I think the removal of the item was the best thing that happened to Dominion.

Movement or elusive characters already fill the niche of this item innately. The current workings of capturing allow for turtling, back dooring, and kill comps to all be successful. An item like this puts a focus on back dooring.

POOTERSS needs no help.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

I disagree with girard, i do agree with the OP, we do need "Pooting" items that support non tanky dps and non mobility mages without letting back door get out of control, to give mages and Ad carries something over the current bruiser strengths.
Seeing as how Boots of mobility would get more or less problematic if we implemented something like this as an Item you could get alongside them, i'd suggest New Boot upgrades that would cost slightly more than the current ones as the items.
my ideas would be
Upgrade one: Cat sandals: Enhanced movement 2 ,same active that the Op suggested, would give att.speed or increased crit damage, and life steal as stats, Ad casters and bruisers , wouldnt benefit from this item

Upgrade 2: Warlock treads: Enhanced movement 2 same active as the OP , would give Ap and increased Mana Pool based on current AP 2.5 Mana per point of AP ratio. again tanky dps wouldn't benefit from the item, maybe ryze, but no one else.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

I would say that a version of the item could be implemented whose active is a weaker version of garrison with the added bonus shield and slight MS for nearby allies. That way you can choose to use it defensively or offensively and you'd be free to take another summoner spell.

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I would say that a version of the item could be implemented whose active is a weaker version of garrison with the added bonus shield and slight MS for nearby allies. That way you can choose to use it defensively or offensively and you'd be free to take another summoner spell.
Why would they make a Dominion only item making a Dominion only Summoner obsolete?

Harvester

09-24-2012

I agree with Grignard that POOTERSS builds are already viable on a number of champions and as such the build style does not need to be buffed. I also agree with Infirc that some new boots would be a very nice change. I still support the idea of iron boots which reduce the effectiveness of stuff like knockups, knockbacks, and possibly grabs in exchange for having only 1.5 enhanced movement.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Why would they make a Dominion only item making a Dominion only Summoner obsolete?
How would this make garrison obsolete? You're given item build options which can be used for and against pooting, or even regular support builds. You can even take garrison with this item for massive tower defense.

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
How would this make garrison obsolete? You're given item build options which can be used for and against pooting, or even regular support builds. You can even take garrison with this item for massive tower defense.
Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea since it's difficult to identify POOTing at character selection.

MyDeadGrandma

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
I disagree with girard, i do agree with the OP, we do need "Pooting" items that support non tanky dps and non mobility mages without letting back door get out of control, to give mages and Ad carries something over the current bruiser strengths.
Seeing as how Boots of mobility would get more or less problematic if we implemented something like this as an Item you could get alongside them, i'd suggest New Boot upgrades that would cost slightly more than the current ones as the items.
my ideas would be
Upgrade one: Cat sandals: Enhanced movement 2 ,same active that the Op suggested, would give att.speed or increased crit damage, and life steal as stats, Ad casters and bruisers , wouldnt benefit from this item

Upgrade 2: Warlock treads: Enhanced movement 2 same active as the OP , would give Ap and increased Mana Pool based on current AP 2.5 Mana per point of AP ratio. again tnaky dps wouldn't benefit from the item, maybe ryze, but no one else.
Kass would love this item.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea since it's difficult to identify POOTing at character selection.
I applaud you sir for actually considering my argument. Doesnt happen on the internet much. Respect be to you.