Suggested Change to Boots of Swiftness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLastBaron88

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighmon8x View Post
Nidalee really likes this idea.
You weren't going to catch her anyway.

Lyrdian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythyum View Post
Boots of Swiftness are used less often than nearly every other type of boot. There are select cases and champions where it is used more often (Garen, for example), but I feel it is just not competitive with other boots.

A simple change could make them much more useful for various situations, as well as fit in with the design of the boot (to run slightly faster). I propose adding a unique passive of avoiding unit collision. This would make the boot more useful to junglers for ganking purposes, more useful in lanes to avoid being blocked by minions, etc.
Agreed, especially with ninja'tabi's recent(ish) buff.

Ms2 boots:
Zerks (Attackspeed)
Mercs (tenacity)
Ninja's (OP ad reduction)
Ionian's (increased ability utility inf orm of lwoer cd's)

Ms3:
Swiftness

Ms4:
Nonesistant

Ms 5:
Mobility

The MS ranks realy arent that big of a difference on paper, comes down to like 10(?) on most champs per rank (plus a flat i think). Most boots have a secondary effect and it would be nice for swiftness to be a non-exception.

Either the ghost-ish quality OR something that instantly kills everything within a 150,000 unit distance (Joking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatorou View Post
The only thing i'd have against it is how would it work with fizz's passive? Doesn't he passively already ignore unit collision...so would they just be useless boots for him, besides the movement speed? =S

"Nimble Fighter - Fizz's dexterity allows him to ignore unit collision and take less physical damage from basic attacks."
Fizz shouldnt be building these anyways, he gets more benefits from tenacity/spellpen/cdr.

Dark Kuno

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh One View Post
Avoiding movement collision would be a pretty reasonable advantage. I support this, especially if others can think of ways to balance this vs. Merc + Serk.
The unit collision avoidance in favor of spell pen of sorcs and the MR+tenacity of Mercs is enough to balance them versus other boots.

Generous Lover

10-05-2012

Boots of swiftness could use a buff just not this one.

Lythyum

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahawhat View Post
Boots of swiftness could use a buff just not this one.
I appreciate the feedback, but what is wrong with adding a passive to avoid unit collision? Do you have an alternative suggestion?

Epic Dreamer

10-10-2012

Here's a thought, what if Boots of Swiftness were reduced to 2, BUT they got a special bonus where attack delay was reduced (IE less of a stop to attack)

This would help in chasing fleeing champs, and make them desirable!

ChaosToPeace

10-10-2012

What if Boots of Swiftness still had the +3 Movement speed buff and ignores unit collision, but if you do pass through a unit your movement speed bonus is dropped to +2 for a few seconds?

Broken Twin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Why not just combine Swiftness and Mobility? They both suffer from under utilization compared to the other boots.

RockJockey

10-14-2012

Is there a scaling on unit collision? I know that Hecarim and Fizz do not have unit collision, but do some champions have less % unit collision than others? Or is it an "All or Nothing" stat?

pro crastinat0r

10-14-2012

I tentatively support this idea, boots of swiftness are just out classed by all other boots right now.