RiotGuinsoo, take note: I've won my last 18 Dominion games...as Karma!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CombatCube

09-24-2012

Proof (count Dominion games only): http://lolmatches.com/playermatches/na/22814344

Karma is extremely strong on Dominion. I usually play her bottom lane. I've beaten Zyra, Yorick, Jayce, Diana, Mordekaiser, and other really strong bottom lanes all thanks to Karma.

Karma doesn't suffer from the problems she has on Summoner's Rift because on Dominion there's passive mana regen and much more gold gained. I can harass the hell out of my opponent with Q's, and if they jump on me, I just RE. Dealing damage with W is relatively easy (there's usually minions to tag) and it gets that 0.7 AP ratio down. Killing minions is a breeze with Karma's all-AoE kit and I usually finish games having earned the most gold.

When holding points with or without teammates, Frozen Heart and Athene's Unholy Grail does the job very nicely. 40% CDR at Level 13 = 12 second mantras! Shields, resistances, % healing and Inner Flame make for one tanky AP. Once I've finished my core (Frozen Heart, Athene's Unholy Grail and choice boots) I head to Rabadon's for offense and defense thanks to dat passive. Abyssal and Zhonya's complete this balanced build.

I know Guinsoo's looking to rework Karma to be more support-like, and that's fine, but please don't take away Karma's potential for being such a strong AP, on Dominion or otherwise!

Glumduk

09-24-2012

F*** it. I'm going to try this.

naotasan

09-24-2012

Yes, Karma is very strong when she's on the right team. It also takes smart people. I've lost games solely on the fact that when I play Karma, my team runs away from me in battles instead of jumping in ignoring the fact that Karma has a percent heal and a fat shield.

I've won a lot of games playing as Karma (I haven't kept any record, but at least 30 wins with Karma) and from what I can tell, she deals a lot of burst damage and managing your mantras is key to a good Karma player.

I once played against a Karma, but because I know how to play Karma well, it was easy for me to decide when to attack and when to bait a shield. The player wasn't that great and he said he was streaming.. so I'm just guessing his viewers told him to play Karma.

Just curious CombatCube, what kind of builds do you do for Karma? Mine includes a death cap and that holy grail thing that gives you massive mana regen due to Karma's mana hunger. I generally save 3-4 item spots for counter-building, but Death Cap is something I almost always get.

I play her as full support early in the game until I get a Death Cap, and then start playing as more of a mage-support tanking some damage. Oh and, rushing Death Cap is stupid. It's usually my third item.

EDIT: In blind pick, I'll pick Lulu over Karma, but in draft when Lulu is so frequently banned, I pick up Karma like a fresh batch of dumplings.

CombatCube

09-24-2012

Actually I started my win streak doing a different sort of start. I buy Meki Pendant and Amplifying Tome, 3 Health Pots, and Boots of Speed. After I cap the point (bottom), I back and finish Fiendish Codex for the CDR.

If my enemy is AD, I get a Glacial Shroud (rushing Frozen Heart); if my enemy is AP I get Chalice of Harmony (rushing Athene's Unholy Grail). Eventually I will get both, unless the enemy is really lacking in one type of damage or the other (and I'd substitute that item for either Morello's vs. health regen champs or DFG vs. absolutely-no-MR champs). I'll upgrade boots into either Mercury's Treads if there's lots of counterable CC, or Sorcerer's Shoes if there's not. THEN I get Deathcap. Thanks to runes and Karma's passive, I'm still able to deal consistent damage without it, and once I actually get it, BOOM, health bars start melting.

What's common in every build is that I always rush max CDR for those 12-second mantras, then get Rabadon's. If you look in my match history on LolMatches you can see exactly what I built, and in almost every one of them I built Frozen Heart, Athene's Unholy Grail, and Rabadon's Deathcap. In summary,

Sorcerer's Shoes (or Mercury's Treads)
Frozen Heart (or Deathfire Grasp)
Athene's Unholy Grail (or Morello's Evil Tome)
Rabadon's Deathcap
Abyssal Scepter (or Void Staff)
Zhonya's Hourglass (or Rylai's Crystal Scepter)

The items in parentheses are what I would usually substitute if the situation calls for it.

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

I love Karma, she was my UP love before Orianna. Not that Ori was UP at all but they fill the same niche.

I messed around with Karma a lot myself and found she could fill a very strong role bottom. The problems came in with her being such short range, that the lane usually became a stalemate. Heals, shields, and AoE are a perfect fit bottom, but you can't really 'carry' the lane with her unless facing short range mages.

Much like Orianna, I suspect that Karma would be amazing when switching top after fully farmed out. That extreme tankiness and support characteristics would be a great asset late game.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

How the hell did yoou get 15k gold on a Dominion match? ._.

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
CS man, CS

AlphaFerric

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Playing bot (as OP stated), its really important to actually collect CS. The main reason is top is full of assists so you can fall behind them in gold by not cs-ing, making their ganks that much stronger. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised to see karma get a similar amount top due to her playstyle making her very hard to kill/getting a lot of assists/kills/caps, and easy for her to push creep really fast even early game.

Also, it may have just been my elo, but every game I had ever played as karma ended at 50-0 or 25-0 (fairly close) which would mean more gold too.

Orphane

09-24-2012

Anecdotal evidence is so great amirite

GrignardTS

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Anecdotal evidence is so great amirite
Blanket statements are just as awesome amirite?