Does Syndra Suck?

Yes 75 36.23%
No 78 37.68%
Situational (Do not vote this unless experienced reply) 54 26.09%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Syndra, Suck or Not? (poll) (pic)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiffmeisterZ

09-27-2012

She can be amazing when people use her right. I've seen a Syndra blow her ulti on the tank out in front doing zero damage (well... relative) but that split second later when she stunned the whole team we ran in and destroyed everyone.

She rarely has trouble winning a lane (may need a gank or two depending on opposition) if you can manage her mana right.

Her main issues really are just she's so god awful SLOW and her tells and the delays can be the death of you. Also people need to learn to use her scatter properly. It's good for peeling someone off of her, but when she throws them out of range of everyone/lets them escape she can sometimes get herself killed when they immediately reposition out of range and turn around and blast her.

Her main issues seem to be in team fights. Her setups, when they work, will dominate. She's ridiculously position sensitive and needs a LOT of micromanaging to work effectively though. With her newfound minor damage/ratio/mana buffs, I've played two games with her. One, someone took her top lane so I'm not even going to TOUCH that, as you can all guess how that went, the other was Syndra vs Vlad. She held her own, for the most part, in her lane and as stated before pulled off an AMAZING group stun.

A Syndra player that can keep a level head when everything goes crazy in a teamfight, and makes sure not to fight alone will dominate. Her only real troubles is if she gets cought alone because she doesn't have the best kit for a hard escape or taking on two at once.

In the end I would still prefer someone rocking a Zyra or someone else with easier to land snares or better AoE presence, but with the patch and seeing some people using her kit effectively, I no longer am hit with that wave of pessimism on the outcome of a match.

TL;DR: Great in lane, suffers in teamfights a bit without a team or individual skill to let her work her little setups and help you dominate. Patch has helped amazingly well. Her group stuns after her ulti will win games. Suffers from lack of speed and more consistent snares or AoE, but makes up for it with endless utility.

SoundwaveXXX

09-27-2012

I've played 12 games on my Eu account: 10 victories and 2 losses (due to afkers).

She has a nice burst on level 6. If you can't kill a champion with your combo+ignite that's not the champion's fault. I always get 2-3 kill early.

Late game in a team fight, you need to do your ultimate early and then stun the whole enemy team with the help of Scatter the Weak and your Dark Spheres.

Personally i would've left her ratios as they were and gave vision in brush to her Dark Spheres. But hey, maybe it's just me.

Aureline

09-27-2012

Wee! I'm excited to read about the buffs they're giving her. They're small changes, but the changes that were desperately needed.

Viktez

09-27-2012

It all depends on how you play her, I am fairly good with her, I got 18/3 with her and 8/2 and other games it is around that. And now she has been buffed this late september so she is not going to be as sluggish with throwing spells. I really like syndra she just take patience and time to learn. and if you can ulti and stun there whole team like i have done before its GG fast

Thesecondhead

Noctis XV

09-27-2012

First game after the buff I went 10/2 laning against a Fizz. (i'm the original poster)
Let it be known that Fizz is my most hated champion in league.

EyeHearShapes

09-27-2012

they shouldnt have increased her range imo

Noctis XV

09-27-2012

I added one more screenshot to the original post, the new one displays the 2 post buff games that i've played.
14-1-6
10-2-5

S0rter

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeHearShapes View Post
they shouldnt have increased her range imo
Serious or trolling i cannot tell. And why wouldn't they fix her biggest issue?

Beertaster

09-27-2012

Syndra is a difficult champion. You have to learn her. Syndra's Ult isn't just a one hit splash but a part of a combo.

Ex: 'q' pick up with 'w' then 'r' in enemy advance 'e' enemy back through ball field and finish with second 'w'.

That's some complex combos Syndra can make, and getting it right every time is hard. It sure isn't spin to win with her.

So riot did a major buff to her, I think instead they should break up the combos into burst segments.

InsidiousIntent

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post

She's more like a high-range support in some cases. She's not quite backline, though, thanks to her E, but she doesn't have the survivability to be close range. In the games I've played as Syndra, I've been wracking up a ton more assists than kills, usually thanks to the utility on my slow, and careful aiming of my E.

I build Sorc boots, two Doran Rings, Chalice, then rush Deathcap, get Rylai's (though I might switch that one out) and finish to Unholy Grail. Lots of mana regen runes and whatnot.

-Aure
Try building Rod of Ages asap and when u get used to her, start buying mejais.. gang other lanes often and u will be surprised of how powerful she can be even in close range... In cases u are really targeted buy hourglass asap after RoA. try q b4 entering the fight, then w on ur sphere to throw and then stun with e, then q again.. this way u got almost max ulti potential in 1-2s..