Does Syndra Suck?

Yes 75 36.41%
No 77 37.38%
Situational (Do not vote this unless experienced reply) 54 26.21%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Syndra, Suck or Not? (poll) (pic)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thoughtmage

09-24-2012

All the Syndra players I've ever seen just end up feeding the enemy, but since I have no personal experience playing Syndra I will not vote on the matter.

Kreyni

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post
I tried playing her support, like, full on support runes, masteries, items, bot lane and everything after observing my history with her and all the asists ..

.. It does not even remotely work at all ever.

You end up blowing your carry's last-hits away, you have absolutely no sustain. Only thing that works decently is checking bushes. But yeah. Pushing the lane and picking up your carry's last-hits and throwing them back in their face gives me a tiny rush of support vengeance, but yeah.

Not even remotely viable. I don't know why I thought it would be. Amusing, though.
W otherwise missed CS
E for a disengage only dwarfed by Janna
Q for temporary wards
R can be even used for harass to force their carry back if you really need it.

It's good theoretically, but I haven't tried it so I will not argue it further.

ArisatoMinat0

09-25-2012

bump for a few more opinions.

Aureline

09-26-2012

Quote:
W otherwise missed CS
E for a disengage only dwarfed by Janna
Q for temporary wards
R can be even used for harass to force their carry back if you really need it.

It's good theoretically, but I haven't tried it so I will not argue it further.
You're still snatching minions from your carry with your W, unless the Q-W combo is used.

The E is cumbersome to aim especially in the heat of an enemy gank. Its early narrow nature makes it hard to position in a way advantageous to yourself and your carry.

Orbs do not ward once cast. They also last for an incredibly brief period of time. If you throw a Q in bot river bush, it would be gone by the time you settle back into your main position.

Initiating with the ult isn't a bad idea, but its range, again, demands that you're dangerously close. I will say it can scalp squishies down if three or more orbs are out, but it just isn't enough to guarantee a kill.

She's not a good support.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post
You're still snatching minions from your carry with your W, unless the Q-W combo is used.

The E is cumbersome to aim especially in the heat of an enemy gank. Its early narrow nature makes it hard to position in a way advantageous to yourself and your carry.

Orbs do not ward once cast. They also last for an incredibly brief period of time. If you throw a Q in bot river bush, it would be gone by the time you settle back into your main position.

Initiating with the ult isn't a bad idea, but its range, again, demands that you're dangerously close. I will say it can scalp squishies down if three or more orbs are out, but it just isn't enough to guarantee a kill.

She's not a good support.

This is completely false. She's a very high skill cap, just like Orianna. Thus, supporting with her you have to realize what you're doing. Don't use your W on low minions and you will not be stealing CS.

1.)Use your W to make a full life minion go into the bush so give you sight inside the bush.

2.) Your Q should be your harras

3.) You have a 1.5s stun and knockback for peeling people off the carry, if done right it can peel multiple targets.

4.) Your ult with 6 orbs will nearly kill a carry just off of base damage. That's just "Hey go kill that guy."

She's a very fine support, you just have to learn to support with her. Its not like going AP Mid. Just like Zyra is a great support, you just cannot play her like AP Mid.

All of that said, both her and Zyra are better suited for mid.

BEST NOT SUPP NA

09-26-2012

so easy to use(imo), i carry so much with her, just build smart and in order

Nesious

09-26-2012

Meh, I feel like shes a good idea, but some parts of her are flawed. For Example, The range on her E is horrendous, as is the aiming of it when you try to hit someone with you sphere. The E makes her unable to make a good combo since she HAS to move in order to hit her E if she places her Q at max range. I think her Q doesn't do enough enough damage, especially when the W outdoes it in terms of damage output. Even though it is a spammable spell, I feel like Karthus Q outdoes it. Her ult is an odd thing, since it adds 3 balls to however many balls are on the ground, its logical to think that it would start your combo. However bringing more balls out increases the damage output greatly. Therefore you have this odd thing where if you want to increase your burst, you have to use your ult as a finisher, however, if you want more utility, you have to sacrifice damage output. Furthermore, her E does not do enough damage to compensate for the lack of damage in her kit, excluding her ult. Even though her E is a utility spell, I feel like the fact that unless you want to rely on the rather hard to hit Q E Combo, it can only be used for escaping methods, also, it scatters all your balls away from you, although used after your ultimate this can send off a DEVASTATING combo with you E in a huge area, you it makes you HAVE to move forward. Her E sends away all balls that it hits, preventing you from using them for a very small amount of damage, a knockback, and a "meh" stun. I think shes great fun to play, but she NEEDS some tweaking.

Sky Mence

09-26-2012

She doesnt have as strong of TF presence as Kennen, vlad, annie, or zyra.
Doesnt have single-target nuking like veigar or malz
And obv high skillcap

I just cant see that "special sauce" in her to make me even try it out

mistmann

09-26-2012

alread voted, but u cant combo her either.... like zyra i can spam 2 spells at once with her i have ti wait till the phere (sp) appers then i can move it i cant spam both spells unless i want to not hit the ball for the stun, or i go to make the ball and grab it but i grab a minion instead cause it hasnt appered yet. she has a slow presents and thats why her passive starts at lvl 9

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistmann View Post
alread voted, but u cant combo her either.... like zyra i can spam 2 spells at once with her i have ti wait till the phere (sp) appers then i can move it i cant spam both spells unless i want to not hit the ball for the stun, or i go to make the ball and grab it but i grab a minion instead cause it hasnt appered yet. she has a slow presents and thats why her passive starts at lvl 9

No, you can combo her. She's a very complex combo player. Her combos need to be set up. Q->Wait for Q->E->W old Q->R = dead mid. Most people do not realize you can immediate cast q->e for an instant stun, you just have to realize where it hits.