I'm enjoying Dominion far more than SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
There is a LOT of trolls in Dominion, but the matches are so fast paced and short enough that they don't have time to get to you most times. Not to be a downer, but the more you play, the more you'll see it's frustrating underbelly. Having said that, have fun, I still do and Dominion is really all I play.
Way too true.

I find that in general dominion is better than SR in terms of community for some things. The key difference I find is that the SR community tends to lack maturity whereas the dominion community suffers from an incredibly negative attitude. I've had people chew me out on this map in ways unlike anything I've ever seen before on SR.

Gameplay wise though I do find dominion more fun than SR and I'm really looking forward to the changes riot is planning for season 3, and what they'll mean for dominion.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Welcome to the dark side. Here's your cookie.

Argodis

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
The greatest thing about Dominion is that you don't have to suffer long.

You get a bad team, you lose pretty quickly. You can even run around looking for 1v1s and try strategies and stuff. But you get 5 capped and lose fast.

In SR, you suffer forever. You are 3 and 17 with AP Caitlyn and company and the game NEVER ENDS. Enemy enjoys punishing you by slaughtering everyone repeatedly in your own jungle, wont push, and OF COURSE your team never surrenders. The baddies never do.

Every time I play SR, I usually get punished for it and swear to stick to Dominion.
This is the only reason I play Dominion more than SR.

The community is not better. It's just as bad as the SR community. The main difference is there is very little time to for negativity in game. Most of it occurs in pregame and post game lobby. The rage is also typically directed at the champion picked rather than the player on a personal level.

The pic I attached from a game I played in December is more of an extreme case but it does happen.

Veni13

09-25-2012

First off, welcome! Do drop by the DominateDominion chatroom.
Regarding the SR vs Dominion communities, I agree with Genericke, a lot of the SR folks are extremely immature, but with Dominion you can encounter more raging. IMO, Dominion is more strategy-oriented. and as such you can get grief from your teammates for perceived dumb decision-making. Though by and large I do think it is more respectful on a personal level.
BTW, Argodis, I think your screenshot more accurately captures the mood of the SR community, rather than its Dominion counterpart. Anyone playing a good amount of draft Dominion would know they were good bans, one and all. They were obviously from the SR side.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

WELCOME TO THE HERD!!!!!!(\(6_9)/)!!!!!!!!

errr wooops wrong forum .. i mean: Welcome to dominion mate

and btw thats some solid bans there Argodis guy simply freaked out because he's a noob and wanted to play yor because he's eeezeee mode to play.. and gawd did he freak out lol