Solo/Duo and Team Ranked Requirements

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
So in other words, you don't want any supports on your team? Once you figure in the brief games that end in 20-minute surrenders, even a carry might be hard-pressed to average that 133 CS/game (assuming a 50/50 win rate; even HIGHER if one wins more than 50% of the time)

And if you're a pro support? You'll average a CS of like 20-30 per game at most. That means at least 26,000 games played to rack up 80k CS.

Also, win count is a bit over-stated, as even the worst player will eventually win, and hence, eventually even the worst player could get 300 normal wins.
As the OP said, the numbers are negotiable. I would offer perhaps that a player needs to be bronze in at least one category to enter ranked, regardless of wins or other criteria - which requirement is waived on reaching 300 wins. Yes, eventually anyone can get 300 wins, but even the worst would have to learn something by the time they get there.

My suggestion is a suggestion; an idea; a starting point, I'm sure it would need refinement, but to clarify it: a player to start ranked (in addition to the current requirements) would need to either have bronze or better in one of their profile badges, allowing shooting stars to start sooner, or they would need to have 300 wins, so that eventually anybody could enter ranked games.

Adding some modest requirements is not a bad idea, but on some level, ranked play is still a learning experience for everyone, and everyone needs to remember that. If you can't help your teammates win, technically you don't deserve the win, even if you get it.

Lovefall

10-01-2012

Totally Agree, the numbers are negotiable.

Lovefall

10-02-2012

UP.. Still wating for Riot Post.

Lovefall

10-02-2012

eh, i still waiting.

Lovefall

10-03-2012

Lalalala

Lovefall

10-03-2012

UP (Again)

Lovefall

10-06-2012

Up ¨¨

—iau

10-07-2012

pls riot

Lovefall

10-07-2012

yeah, pls riot :c

Ima Cut U Up

10-07-2012

I agree with the OP. I was going to make a thread with a similar idea. Riot can decide the details but it's common sense (since the players have none) that you should know how to play the game before you play ranked, and there is a lot to learn.

I have recently been slightly disgruntled by finding more experienced players in my regular draft games than in my ranked games. There should be requirements of some sort to play in ranked. Weed out these players who believe they should learn the game by playing ranked.

Surely Riot has heard the term 'Low ELO hell' well I believe it's time to do something about it. I personally had over 1500 games in classic and dominion before I started playing ranked, but way too many people are clearly jumping straight in to ranked and dragging decent players through the mud with them.

I'm not saying I'd be super high elo if I had better luck in picks, but I am saying that if I feel like I understand the game and I want to try to play competitively that I shouldn't be matched up with 4 people who have played the game less than 100 times in the last two years. I have earned the right to play with other competent players.

The fix is so easy, just do it please!

P.S. why bump your thread 500 times? I'm sure somebody will check it eventually.

1234567 ... 8