Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kha'zix underpowered in comparison to Rengar? Or simply misinterpreted?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrottop009

09-23-2012

After playing Kha'zix for multiple games, Rengar still holds the higher burst potential and has a higher stealth duration than Kha'zix. If these two champions are supposed to be rivals, why is Kha'zix significantly weaker damage wise? I can see how Rengar was designed to stay in the fight while dealing intense amounts of damage, but Kha'Zix, in my opinion, seemed to be designed for a quick kill and escape. If that IS true, then why is there a difference of 900 damage between the two's average maximum critical strike damage?(Rengar:2.4k with 1 P.D.,3 BT's, Bonetooth, and an IE//Kha'Zix: 1.7k with 1 P.D., 4 BT's, and an IE). I understand that Kha'Zix has a much higher damaging W with a smaller heal ratio, but Rengar has the ability to use his Q three times in a row, which is more than enough to devastate any enemies health bar(Especially if each strike lands a critical hit).

I greatly enjoy playing both champions without a doubt, but it feels as if there is a lack in reward for a full AD Kha'zix.

Darklarik

09-23-2012

I feel Kha'Zix is fine, especially in comparison to Rengar. People just need to learn how to play him well, also remember there are a lot of newbies in PBE.

I do think his Q needs some tweaking, and his ult needs an AMmo system. Otherwise, i think hes fine.

Every champion also depends on SKILL.

Timothylockhart

09-23-2012

Quote:
Karrottop009:
After playing Kha'zix for multiple games, Rengar still holds the higher burst potential and has a higher stealth duration than Kha'zix. If these two champions are supposed to be rivals, why is Kha'zix significantly weaker damage wise? I can see how Rengar was designed to stay in the fight while dealing intense amounts of damage, but Kha'Zix, in my opinion, seemed to be designed for a quick kill and escape. If that IS true, then why is there a difference of 900 damage between the two's average maximum critical strike damage?(Rengar:2.4k with 1 P.D.,3 BT's, Bonetooth, and an IE//Kha'Zix: 1.7k with 1 P.D., 4 BT's, and an IE). I understand that Kha'Zix has a much higher damaging W with a smaller heal ratio, but Rengar has the ability to use his Q three times in a row, which is more than enough to devastate any enemies health bar(Especially if each strike lands a critical hit).

I greatly enjoy playing both champions without a doubt, but it feels as if there is a lack in reward for a full AD Kha'zix.
a

Because you are building them both HORRIBLY and if you insist on this build then rengar wins bc of heal and bc of his aspd increase on Q making him proc more from the items you built

Heek

09-23-2012

Rengar definitely doesn't have higher burst potential. Rengar is a tanky-DPS champion while Kha' Zix is an assassin. Building heavy AD is pretty vital on him (especially considering he scales on BONUS attack damage). He's pretty strong once laning phase is over.

Mystique x

09-23-2012

Quote:
BehemothHeek:
Rengar definitely doesn't have higher burst potential. Rengar is a tanky-DPS champion while Kha' Zix is an assassin. Building heavy AD is pretty vital on him (especially considering he scales on BONUS attack damage). He's pretty strong once laning phase is over.

i dont want to say your retarded or anything, but holy **** are you retarded? rengar can be one of the best assassins in the game you can build both of these champs the same and it would all come down to who has the better skill to use there abilitys at the right times. granted i think rengar could kill him faster if kha zix dosnt have his w upgraded. but where do you get off saying rengar has to be a tanky dps champ lol.

Deamortus

09-23-2012

he's more tanky dps than Kha simply because he has no way of getting focus off him, at best, he uses w to get tankier, but other than that, he's forced to stand in the melee

Kha can kill, and with evolved e, get back out, or with his ult, which should be used in the middle of a fight, not to initiate, which is the opposite of Rengar.

and Kha has FAR higher sustained damage than Rengar. that q.

personally, I prefer Kha to rengar. and so far, if i can actually get a fair game, I can carry with Kha. even Carried a 3v5 for a while (I was on the 3) until the enemy lost 2 people as well, and then we pushed to win.

but I could 2 shot Trist, q was doing more than 1k damage (evolved q) against an Isolated trist. and because of my ult, he had a hard to focusing me down before he would die

Quazifuji

09-23-2012

Quote:
Karrottop009:
why is there a difference of 900 damage between the two's average maximum critical strike damage?

Because AAs aren't Kah'zix's main source of damage? Kha'zix is an AD caster. A large portion of his damage comes from his Q, W, and passive. Their maximum critical strike damage isn't a good measure of how much damage they're actually capable of putting out when built and played correctly.

MobiIe Ward

09-24-2012

i think kha'zix would start to win with his ult. then rengar would just run away with his ult then come back and instant kill kha zix

Karrottop009

09-24-2012

I guess I misled a few. I fully understand that those builds were terrible if used in a real game. The purpose of those builds was to acquire a near identical build with each character and discover the two rival's amount of ad. If rengar built his usual tanky bruiser, he would have the choice to use his ultimate to outlast 1 or perhaps two of Kha'Zix's stealth uses that were granting Kha'Zix the ability to interrupt the fight and be the first to strike continuously while using his passive. With fewer stealth's available, rengar need only to wait for the rest of Kha'Zix's stealth to be used up to land his three Q's in a row and absolutely devastate Kha'Zix.
Although, if Rengar was foolish enough to fight a solo match with Kha'Zix out in the river where Kha'Zix gains his isolation advantage, then I can see Kha"Zix making mince meat out of Rengar. But when it comes to team fights, Rengar holds the ability to survive the fight and escape with his life if needed. When jumping into a fight as Kha'Zix, you have to be absolutely certain that the enemy team hasn't noticed your presence while you take down the carries. If they catch you, however, a properly built team should have the CC to take full control of you and leave your team without the burst needed to win the fight.
As strong as Kha'Zix's scaling on his triple shot is, it may prove to turn the strike into one of those "Almost had a double" situations yet still lost the team fight. So, what I am trying to propose is, shouldn't Kha'Zix be able to posess the ability to burst higher than even a tankier Rengar when carrying his team?

EDIT: The purpose of my postulation is to determine the proper roles of the two rivals, Rengar and Kha'Zix. In my opinion, the champion with the lesser durabilty and heal potential should be granted the greater ability to burst down an enemy.