Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE download

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doydne

09-23-2012

Am i the only one who has to extract and re download the PBE every single time i want to play it? i even have to re download if i have already downloaded the patch. anyone else have this problem?

GoldenHamburger

Recruiter

09-24-2012

Quote:
Doydne:
Am i the only one who has to extract and re download the PBE every single time i want to play it? i even have to re download if i have already downloaded the patch. anyone else have this problem?

Here's what you do. Put the PBE files into a folder, and you should be fine
If that don't work, google how to fix it.

Heron Blade

09-24-2012

Well, for me, the problem has been the error when it's almost done with the patch. I end up just using the repair button even though it takes "a long time."

MartyMcPunchman

QA Analyst

09-25-2012

So, do you have to re-install the client every time? Or is it just grabbing a patch every time. Sorry, I don't understand the issue.

idkai

09-25-2012

Quote:
MartyMcPunchman:
So, do you have to re-install the client every time? Or is it just grabbing a patch every time. Sorry, I don't understand the issue.

It grabs a patch every single time for me.

Doydne

09-25-2012

Quote:
MartyMcPunchman:

when i click on the file
LOLPBE

which is a zip file, and i try to remove the launcher, after it finishes extracting i cant open the client, so i have to keep it inside the zip file every time. after it finishes opening the launcher which usually takes 30 mins i have to re download the patch every time i want to play. for example the other day i went on and i downloaded the patch with kha'zix which took another 30ish mins. if i wanted to play again today i would have to go through both steps before i could play, ending up waiting about an hour

97PuRe MaDnEsS79

09-25-2012

how can i download the PBE?

97PuRe MaDnEsS79

09-25-2012

can someone tell me how to download the pbe? it will be much appreciated

Graiskye

09-26-2012

We need a sticky explaining clearly how to install the PBE version of the LoL client.
For those who do not know it is not like the regular LoL client that has a installer, the PBE has no installer, you EXTRACT the files from the ZIP into whatever location you want.
I have 2 hard-drives, I keep the PBE install on the second hard-drive. Mt regular LoL is on the first.
So to 'install' the PBE version of the client you do the following....
First you need to make a folder called 'Riot PBE', to make a folder simply right click on an open area of the desktop, select 'New', and then 'Folder', name it 'Riot PBE' and put that folder into whatever directory/folder you want to install the game too(use Cut and Paste), it can be left on the desktop if you don't care, it does not matter you just need to be sure it is in a separate directory/folder than your original Lol install. If your original is in 'Program Files' the PBE can be in 'Program Files' as well, but it must be in its own folder, the Riot PBE folder you create.
Now you simply extract the Zip you downloaded into the folder you created for the PBE files.
Once they are extracted your done, go into the file and find the LoLClient.exe, right click on it and select 'send to', and then select desktop(make a shortcut),so you can start the PBE from there when you want.
Hope this is clear enough and helps a bit, and good luck.

97PuRe MaDnEsS79

09-26-2012

IT WORKED!!!!!!

thank you