Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crash/Fail to load

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pragmatically

09-23-2012

I had a system restore about two days ago because of a nasty virus that infected my System32/services.exe

So after I restored, I went to play a game of SMITE. When I woke up the next morning to play, it crashed, and wouldn't work.

Later on that day (today) I decided to play some LoL with my friends; I had to download a patch. I did. When I tried to play, I'd click the "PLAY" button and nothing would happen. I did it again, terminated the apparently already open LoL, and I got the same results.

I did an uninstall of LoL, reinstalled it, and tried again. I think the first time, the same thing happened. The second time (I think I might've restarted my computer then) I got "Error: Failed to launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe" or something like that. After checking that file, I don't even have that .exe. I went online to see if I could find some help, but they all talked about later patches and how to fix them by going to bluh bluh\0.0.0182; and I didn't have that.

I have (in my C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases file)

That's about it. If someone could help me, I'd appreciate that, bye.

Summoner Name: Pragmatically

Nawne

09-23-2012

I am getting the same actions as Prag. I start the launcher. everything is fine. I click play and I get the following message.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: rads_user_kernel.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e65c1ac
Fault Module Name: rads_user_kernel.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e65c1ac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000b8554
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Is there a way to fix this? I have uninstalled/reinstalled four times.

Nawne

09-23-2012

I ran the repair tool from the first screen and it fixed my problems. Prag you may want to try that.

Summoner Name: Nawne

Pragmatically

09-23-2012

Where can I get the repair tool?
And if it works; thanks, I appreciate it.
If not; thanks anyway.

Pragmatically

09-23-2012

Oh wait you me in the launcher? Yeah, I can't even open the launcher.
That is if you meant the launcher.

JaySten

09-23-2012

I get the "Error: Failed to launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe" when my wifi is turned off sometimes, I know this sounds dumb but is your connection active?