Japanese Servers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supercrest

09-23-2012

You know the sad thing is... my cousin plays LoL and she says ReagoRegends..I try not to laugh, she's only 13 and only been studying English for 2 years.

p.s. I am chinese.

She doesn't like the english names of the characters so she just calls people like viktor: laser man, vladimir: suckysucky (On the chinese server one of his quotes are, directly translated, "this is a practice of sucking").

She's a funny little girl.

yamlax

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
らりるれろ
I've just been around enough Japanese people to be able to hear it. Very few Native-Japanese people can actually do an "R" sound or an "L" sound properly too.

If I knew the actual phonetic way to pronounce it, I'd link you too it. I'd have to wait until tomorrow until my friend can get something like that for me, he studies linguistics.
i lived and studied in japan myself for 6years. they seem to pronounce R very well to me (soft R) eg. oRENge juusu, victor(electronic brand), kareoke, ROPONGI. i guess its a difference of opinions.

its not a french R but closer to R then L.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercrest View Post
You know the sad thing is... my cousin plays LoL and she says ReagoRegends..I try not to laugh, she's only 13 and only been studying English for 2 years.

p.s. I am chinese.

She doesn't like the english names of the characters so she just calls people like viktor: laser man, vladimir: suckysucky (On the chinese server one of his quotes are, directly translated, "this is a practice of sucking").

She's a funny little girl.
HA! Adding more levels of Gay to Vladimir, internationally.

Erukyun

09-23-2012

im sure riot is working on monster hunter: LoL edition

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erukyun View Post
im sure riot is working on monster hunter: LoL edition
レンガー vs. カジックス

GG4eva

09-23-2012

Lol, in Korean it's 리그 오브 레전드.
Oh I meant Leeguh Ohboo Lejundoo

Amidora

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamlax View Post
i lived and studied in japan myself for 6years. they seem to pronounce R very well to me (soft R) eg. oRENge juusu, victor(electronic brand), kareoke, ROPONGI. i guess its a difference of opinions.

its not a french R but closer to R then L.
Being a native speaker I personally think it's halfway between r and l. It's closer to the spanish single r (not rolling) than it is English (although still not exactly the same)

Nerokyn

09-23-2012

bumping this