Stop ganking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Creepy4

09-22-2012

Hey there. Question:

I just played a game as Zyra, 6 mins in I had pushed Ryze back from mid lane and went to gank for top. I ended up double killing Cho'Gath and Shen up there.

To my surprise, my teammates were outraged.

So next time I got the opportunity I went to go gank for bot instead. I managed to kill Ashe, while our Gangplank got the kill against Miss Fortune.

Again, my teammates were outraged. They yelled at me, saying things such as "stop ganking, Zyra, it's not helping" and "we don't want your help" As they were saying this, both the top and bot enemy turrets went down. And both times, it left them with empty lanes, for some farm time.

I don't get it. What's the logic here? My lane was pushed forwards to the point where my options were either unload on my own lane's turret, or help the team as a whole, and I chose the latter each time because the other lanes were pushed to our turret on each occasion. We also started snowballing ahead from the success, with me and Gangplank both doing great for the rest of the game. Why the heck did my teammates hate me for it?

TwistWrist

09-22-2012

Meh, who knows. But you did the right thing. The whole point of the AP Carry is to influence the mid game. And you definitely did.

AJStarhiker

09-22-2012

They were probably players who don't get that it's a team game. I'm betting they also complained about kill stealing and tried to blame the rest of the team if they died?

TBH, as long as your own turret was fine, I don't see anything wrong with helping out a lane in trouble.

Magus Crow

09-22-2012

Some people are a**hats. You'll get used to it.

Creepy4

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
They were probably players who don't get that it's a team game. I'm betting they also complained about kill stealing and tried to blame the rest of the team if they died?

TBH, as long as your own turret was fine, I don't see anything wrong with helping out a lane in trouble.
They mostly just blamed me for those things. Gangplank was actually getting more kills (and by associantion more "kill steals") than me by the end, but they didn't seem to notice and kept the focus of their blame on me.

Ladayen

09-22-2012

Theres a variety of reasons they could have been upset. Were you playing vs bots?

I've been in a game where our Darius went something like 36-2-3. Everyone else was around 3-2-20. It was a rather boring game.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

They most likely were just losers who wanted someone too blame for doing bad. In low level games, people like that are quite common.

TehomCD

09-22-2012

Bot game, so most people just equate stat padding in those games to winning. I use bot games to practice last hitting a lot when playing with my girlfriend, who despises pvp, and people will sometimes rage at you for doing well even if you never interact with them in the game at all, since it just makes them look bad by comparison.

Ladayen

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
Bot game, so most people just equate stat padding in those games to winning. I use bot games to practice last hitting a lot when playing with my girlfriend, who despises pvp, and people will sometimes rage at you for doing well even if you never interact with them in the game at all, since it just makes them look bad by comparison.

Yeah so most likely you were kinda hogging all the action. I find alot of players in bot game just wanna have fun and dont even care if they lose. Maybe next time stay back more and try and play more of a support role regardless which champion you pick.

Creepy4

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
Yeah so most likely you were kinda hogging all the action. I find alot of players in bot game just wanna have fun and dont even care if they lose. Maybe next time stay back more and try and play more of a support role regardless which champion you pick.
I do that quite often actually. Support Lulu is one of my favourite champions.

That time, I was playing Zyra though. And when I choose Zyra I expect to play Zyra.

(Also me being a potential spotlight hog doesn't account for the fact that I wasn't the one on the team who was doing best by the end. Gangplank got ahead of me in terms of the sheer amount of kills at around the 10 minute mark, and received no hate.)