High Ping *Highly Detailed*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vox Burakkuhoru

09-22-2012

Hello, I've recently purchased a Netgear router: "Product Model: WNDR3400". I had a Netgear router before this one: "Product Model: WNR3500L". The older modle, "WNR3500L", had given me a ping of 60ish, sometimes 80 when I'm doing a lot of cool guy stuff. However, now that I've installed the new router, "WNDR3400", my ping has been bouncing off the walls; I've even lost some packets in ping tests via Network Utility ping test to the IP address 216.52.241.254 (Which is your PVP server as you know). The router was installed two days ago. (Edit note: the new one I got, WNDR3400, is suppost to be better in every way compared to my older modle)

Before going on LoL, I set up my router's ports as shown below:

TCP/UDP
8393-8400

(Note: I didn't include 5222-5223 as 5000-5500 makes this commend tedious and, me thinking it could be that, found out that obviously, it won't even let you put 5222-5223 port forwarding when there is already a command overwriting it: ie 5000-5500.)

Now the second cool guy thing I did was I went to my WAN setup and did the following:

I disabled port scan and DoS protection to lower the amount of protocols the ping has to go through to reach.
Checked the "respond to Ping on Internet Port" option
Disabled IGMP Proxying
Opened my NAT Filtering, like a boss
and lastly Disabled SIP ALG (Which was just incase it had some effect on the game)

At this point I bet you're like "Well that should do it", but na, I'm like "Screw that, I'm the only person in my house who deserves internet". So I then preceded to do the following:

I went into my QoS Setup and made it so my MAC adress had the Highest priority and that other MAC adresses had the Lowest priority.

Now after consulting the Elder of The Internet, and demagnetizing the box which contains the internet, I sat down and started to play LOL. My computer on the internet was moving smoothly with GOD like speed. My computer's firewall is down, I'm running nothing on my Macbook pro that would hinder my adventure into elo hell. Now there I am, all humdrum and bigheaded, logging into a draft pick game and BOOM 444 ping.

After I was done crying and going back and forth with the router to make sure I didn't miss anything and touched the router in a dirty spot it didn't want to be, I got fed up and called up Netgear themselves. After jumping through many hoops with a really nice fellow I've discovered that I did everything I should and COULD have done with the router to make it work as fast as humanly possible. They had then given me a list of possible reasons for such high ping:

1. The computer I was using was preventing the ping from performing at it's highest. (Debunked because my computer can burn a hole into the hole that it just burt on the surface of the sun. Also I had set up everything I could humanly do way beforehand)

2. My internet provider is not providing me that there high quaintly internets I had been paying for. (I'll get to those SoBs in the morning)

3. The game, LoL, had changed their ports or even other problems on LoL's end.

As you can tell I'm a linier kinda guy when it comes to trouble shooting, so did you guys change your ports recently or any other problems that would result in such high ping.

(Note: I cannot go back to my old router, as it is no longer within my reach)

New update: I've called my ISP (internet survice provider) and after jumping through even more hoops I've discovered that there is nothing wrong on their end. I have also rechecked my computer settings and went through all the trouble shooting hoops along with updating software and security settings. After doing all these deductions I have determined that the only possible cause to these Ping problems is Riot itself.

I had also done some Ping tests with Google, Yahoo, and several other survers and determined that my ping is great with all of them except YOUR survers. Riot I wish and hope that you at least give me the time of day with this as many people are effected by it.

Thank you,

- Summoner

Catch 22s

09-22-2012

Would you add these to the other ping threads, it helps our cause out, and auto-bumps.

MenaceToSociety6

09-22-2012

Ohhhhh shiiiiitttt, Reading some of this makes me realize how goddamn stupid i am when it comes to computers.

EDIT: Welcome to the club guy

"Club for the LoL players who are experiencing lag with no help from Riots end"

Vox Burakkuhoru

09-22-2012

If I had known. I'll post this is the largest "ping problem" thread asap. I hope my trouble shooting can help them come up with a proper fix on their end. HOWEVER, I will still be looking up my ISP to see if it is something on their end.

Vox Burakkuhoru

09-22-2012

I'm going to bump this tread because it is the most high in detail explanation of how it isn't the fault of the router or computer but the server. once I contact my ISP tomorrow I'll update it to increase the evidence that is in fact a problem with Riot.

Agatio

Recruiter

09-23-2012

Having this problem too. It started yesterday at about noon(PST) for me. Bump.

Vox Burakkuhoru

09-24-2012

Update bump

Teknologix

10-30-2012

Le' Bump

Koraboros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

having a similar problem with my ping, however mine is something like an extra 50 ping.

SERKBakinBacon

10-03-2013

Same with mine, but with wnda3100v2