Why do people get Jax's leap strike first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KenjiKatana

09-22-2012

I usualy get jax's counter strike first since that is what he uses to bully opponents who aa.

if they decide to fight you all you do is press e and right click for a few aa, then back off when they are hit w/ the stun and you'll win the early trade (thought i find that renekton counters this strategy pretty well)

so why q?

YerrowManatee

09-22-2012

What the hell? NOBODY maxes Q on Jax first, unless they're completely noob.
You always max W or E for the dueling capabilities. Q is a one-point wonder.

ViashinoWizard

09-22-2012

No clue. E is by far the best level 1 ability. Even if you're expecting an early gank, an aoe stun is probably going to help more than Leap Strike.

Deitrix

09-22-2012

No one MAXES his Q first.... the OP is asking why people pick it as his first ability at Lv. 1. For that, my guess is this... it lets you dart in to harass or pop out to escape by jumping to a minion. His E is great, but if Jax just walks at people, they tend to just walk away, or they're the kind of champs who can trade without auto-attacks (Riven, Darius, Renekton, etc). Even if they DO need auto-attacks to hurt you, they'll just walk back when your E stops and goes on it's VERY LONG cooldown and smack you silly.

That's my opinion, anywho.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiKatana View Post
I usualy get jax's counter strike first since that is what he uses to bully opponents who aa.

if they decide to fight you all you do is press e and right click for a few aa, then back off when they are hit w/ the stun and you'll win the early trade (thought i find that renekton counters this strategy pretty well)

so why q?
You take q as jax at level 1 because it is your most reliable escape tool. If you are ganked early, you can q to a minion and escape. E may not give you that option, and as it has a long cooldown. If you use if offensively, you leave yourself vulnerable to counterattack.

Cenerae

09-23-2012

Q gives you mobility.

Mobility is one of the most important things in the game, and it makes even more difference early game before people have their zeals and upgraded boots and such.

If you don't fear a gank, or your jungler is coming top for an early first blood, you'll probably want the stun instead. But leap strike is the 'safe' option.

Artifictional

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Q gives you mobility.

Mobility is one of the most important things in the game, and it makes even more difference early game before people have their zeals and upgraded boots and such.

If you don't fear a gank, or your jungler is coming top for an early first blood, you'll probably want the stun instead. But leap strike is the 'safe' option.
this is the answer to your question op
/thread
riot please close