New Champion Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

edible tampon

09-22-2012

Hello, still kinda new to the game but I got to level 12 so far and I'm liking the free champion rotations, but I'm stuck on what new-to-me-champion I should buy. I really like Garen and Warwick, any advice on who I should check out?

ACGIFT

09-22-2012

Well, given that Garen was given a price drop to 450 IP just a couple weeks ago, there's not much to lose if you grab him; just a couple matches' worth, and since he's pretty useful and straightforward it's not likely you WOULDN'T ever use him. You rarely have to worry about those 10 super-cheap champions. (though few seem to like Poppy)

As for Warwick, he *IS* on the current rotation until Tuesday, so by all means play a couple matches with him first if he's piqued your interest. Just perhaps play a couple botmatches with him (until you feel you've got a handle on how to use him) before taking him into PvP.

Burbinator

09-22-2012

Might as well buy garen.

Also, get alistar and tristana for free. Subscribe to lol's youtube channel to get alistar skin (which unlocks alistar) and like them on fb to get trist skin (which unlocks trist).

You won't lose much if you buy every 450 ip champion, to be honest. Price doesn't mean viability, for example ryze is a top ap carry pick, nunu is viable in literally any lane or jungle, soraka is a good support, ashe is a good ad carry. Those that really aren't viable, such as master yi or annie, are pretty effective at low levels, and at worst they'll teach you what makes a champion viable against skilled opponents (yi is too susceptible against coordinated cc, for example) and how to play against them.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Get Garen, He was one of my first champions (1350 at the time) and I loved him. Still do play him a bit.
And what is wrong with your name?