Do you agree with the thread

Yes I do 4 66.67%
I don't really care 1 16.67%
No I don't 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

New Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shades13

09-29-2012

Hi I just would like to say that this thread is about all energy and manaless champions out there, i would like to see new items that don't have mana on it because there are just too many times when i find my self buying something like sheen on lee sin and paying extra gold on mana when i don't even need the mana, am i the only one who thinks there should be more variety of items for the energy and manaless champions out there. Plz reply

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades13 View Post
I would like to see new items that don't have mana on it because there are just too many times when i find my self buying something like sheen on lee sin and paying extra gold on mana when i don't even need the mana
Okay, first point to make: Mana is extremely cheap. Due to having only one building block item, and that one being 400 gold, Mana is worth 2 gold per point. So in order to be wasting money on Mana, you'd need to be buying something on the level of Rod of Ages or higher before you're actually wasting money on Mana.

Second: Manaless and Energy champions have the advantage of not dealing with Mana. For that, they have to trade perfect itemization. Akali will always have to forego the value of the 350 Mana to be able to use Lich Bane, just like Talon and Vayne have to ignore the AP on Sheen. About the only thing you could call unfair or prohibitive is Morello's Tome, because it has quite a bit of MP5 but it's the only Grievous Wounds item (but on the flipside of that, Bruisers can't really use ExCa either, so...)

67chrome

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Talon and Vayne have to ignore the AP on Sheen.
At least in Vayne's case she has the worst mana pool out of all mana-using champions, so she gets more out of the mana there due to the massive mana pool % increase it offers.

Other than that I'd say being manaless is a much greater advantage than putting bonus mana to waste on items that grant it, especially on champion like Katarina, Garen, and Riven who have 0 cost associated with it. Energy only hurts when everyone is level 17-18 and mages have infinite mana, other than that it allows for unlimited harass and no blue reliance for mid or jungler. Health costs can be covered with spell vampirisim.

TheLastBaron88

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Okay, first point to make: Mana is extremely cheap. Due to having only one building block item, and that one being 400 gold, Mana is worth 2 gold per point. So in order to be wasting money on Mana, you'd need to be buying something on the level of Rod of Ages or higher before you're actually wasting money on Mana.

Second: Manaless and Energy champions have the advantage of not dealing with Mana. For that, they have to trade perfect itemization. Akali will always have to forego the value of the 350 Mana to be able to use Lich Bane, just like Talon and Vayne have to ignore the AP on Sheen. About the only thing you could call unfair or prohibitive is Morello's Tome, because it has quite a bit of MP5 but it's the only Grievous Wounds item (but on the flipside of that, Bruisers can't really use ExCa either, so...)
I believe Executioner's Calling also has a Grievous Wounds active. Probably a better choice for manaless ADCs since it also gives crit chance and I believe also AD.

ilililillillilil

10-03-2012

If you are buying stats that have absolutely no use for your character e.g. something with mana on someone who doesn't have mana this is the DEFINITION of wasted gold. Sure it might not be much it's still a waste.

The benefit of the item may outweigh that of wasted gold on mana you can't use, this means riot should implement more items to further develop build options for manaless or engeryless champions NOT that you aren't wasting gold because you are, having stats that don't benefit at all is waste.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
I believe Executioner's Calling also has a Grievous Wounds active. Probably a better choice for manaless ADCs since it also gives crit chance and I believe also AD.
That was what I failed to say; Morello's is prohibitive to manaless AP champions, and ExCa is prohibitive to Bruisers (because most of them don't scale well with Crit and can't afford to focus building it).