Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What champion has the best early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perseus482

01-17-2013

Ezreal. The crazy skillshot champion who everyone uses but forgets to mention. Early game is what makes his late game.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Huh? No Draven? He literally shuts every adc down because he has the highest damage output at level 1 with his axes.

Edyll

01-17-2013

Quote:
TidesOfLogan:
Huh? No Draven? He literally shuts every adc down because he has the highest damage output at level 1 with his axes.

Came here to say this.

Draven simply demolishes every lane early game (Levels 1-5 especially), but not so much during the late-lane phase (6-10).

Top: Draven's range wrecks most bruisers who have long-cd gap closers. Even when a bruiser gets close, Draven's ridiculous early-game damage is enough to hold his own.

Mid: While most mids lack sustained dps at levels 1-2, Draven can throw axe after axe, zoning most mids.

Bot: Draven does so much damage no AD will ever want to be close to him. With a decent sustain or kill support, Draven can zone the enemy adc and even pick up triple kills during ganks.

Sandnigher

01-17-2013

Surprised I haven't seen Elise yet. Her Q is one of the strongest easiest pokes and also at level one she has 2 spells. Can zone nearly any top easy, demolish with stuns and burst bottom, and out damage most mid. However her late game lacks which makes her somewhat balanced.

Adrian Umbra

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Quote:
myprincesspony:
i reckon:

top: wukong, yorick, fiora

mid: gragas has some nice burst early game, leblancs also great early on

ADC: cait her range and piltover peacemaker combined with traps GG early, i guess varus could also just keep poking down enemies

support: blitz pull, sona great poke, leona has some really nice cc which helps early as well

Get thee gone, Sauron! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Rektangles

03-22-2013

Nasus
jk

The LeBlanc Show

03-22-2013

I know its not everyones first go-to, but Zilean can wipe mid or bot with an AP tree and no +ap items.

Usually do 5 hp 3 mana and Mana Charm; build into Tear and grab boots. (builds into Seraphs)

I am used to LeBlanc's mid burst, but recently I play Zilean for all his team perks in addition to godly early game.

Zilean (at Lv3) can put out about 400 dmg with QWQ harass and doesn't even have to hit enemy champ to damage them. (can trick them by putting it on minions and killing minion)

Try it out, just remember Z is UBER squishy

ItsJustPain

03-22-2013

Lee sin

Onimus Terlain

03-22-2013

Renekton, Pantheon, LeBlanc, AP Yi, Zilean, Draven and MF are generally considered "Lane Winners"

None of them scale well to late game though.
Not comparatively anyway. MF and Draven are obviously ADCs so they'll never be weak late game.

Renekton top, Pantheon either top or mod.

LeBlanc, Yi, Zilean mid.

Draven and MF Bot.

Also, Caitlyn is strong early game.

For junglers, Maokai is very strong early game because of his guaranteed kill ganks. But he also falls off HARD late game.
Same with Xin Zhao. Super strong early game..
Kind of weak late game.

lightandarkness

03-22-2013

the best would have to go to renk or rumble i say.