Full AP Kha'zix: Rengar 2.0?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zair Umbras

10-05-2012

Well... Lemme just toss these simple things out there...

1. Kha'Zix's Q is 12% MISSING HEALTH, not Max Health.

2. Relying on an ulti that has over 100sec CD will get you killed. Very often.

3. His Passive is 50% AP. Max level, with about 800 AP if you're fed does 620 damage... 4 times with your ulti, so 2480 at its base. You could kill any ADC that doesn't have health and if they have almost no MR. Go against anything else and you won't kill them since most AP's run Rylai's and have around 2.5k health. Not enough burst.

4. You'll have a base of 1960 health unless you get some health some where. Kha'Zix is a squishy and is melee, so you won't last long enough to do any actual damage.

5. His W is a 50% AP scaling as well so you'd heal for 560 with the aforementioned AP total. That's not enough to make you survive any stand top laner or any late game ADC, even a shut down one.

All in all, AP Kha'Zix won't do enough damage nor will he have any ability to survive so his viability is gone. To test viability, one shouldn't play a normal match on the PBE. Most people seem to be unskilled, so this would be better tested in a live ranked match since balancing and such is all done around ranked and tournaments. If it was done around normal I can assure you, Jax would've been nerfed a lot harder than he has been already, likewise with Akali.

Zair Umbras

10-05-2012

It posted what I said twice... nyeh.

RRF Legendary

07-07-2013

Kha'zix that builds full AP, gets a DFG, Rabadons, and Lich Bane is quite strong. He procs lich bane 3x with every ult, and every ult grants his passive since he stealths. That's an incredible amount of burst damage with in 3-5 seconds. People won't know what hit them!

DarkSavior41

07-08-2013

Add in the new Nashor's Tooth with Lich Bane and DFG, Rabadons, with Nashor's AS boost plus its new passive and he actually still be a threat with AA as well. However AP Kha seems more of a glass cannon build in my eyes.

Can it work? Yes, and likely very well depending on how you are playing him, but player skill and team comp are key.

regularguy3

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanderas View Post
if anyone needs ap scaling on their passive it's lux, whose bonus damage is unnoticeable later in the game. Even if they had to nerf it's base scaling so she didn't plow people mid game more than she does.

And it'd be nice on leona's passive too, not that anyone builds ap on her, but there's still the woa
aura.

swhe got ap to her passive :d

CMD Ruby Rose

Stark6000

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
So I've been fooling around with Kha'zix a bit, and to be honest I have no clue why Riot put AP scaling on his Passive. I understand Diana having it on hers because she has to keep attacking a target in order to proc it (unlike Jax's ultimate, her passive stacks go away after about 2-3 seconds), but Kha'zix with an evolved Ultimate is able to proc his passive fairly often if he is in a high-brush area.

I am going to assume that he has some kills and he'll have a DFG and a Deathcap (he is so squishy as AP that he has no need to build into RoA, Zhonya's early, but it may or may not be viable to go into Abyssal if the enemy is stacking MR early). Rune setup is AP Quints, Magic Pen Reds, Armor Runes, and AP/Level Blues (he shouldn't be focused that much in teamfights since you have his ultimate upgraded).

At level 11 he is doing 110 with his passive. With Runes he has 32 Ability Power, 15 from Masteries, 220 from items, with an additional +35% Ability Power bringing him to 361 AP. His passive will gain an additional 180 damage, so a total of 290 every passive proc. Let's assume you aren't in a high-brush area but you can get your passive 4 times (once for simply having it, then 3 more from your ultimate). That's 1160 damage from his passive that can be proc'd in 3-4 seconds, not counting the 12% of your Max health you are taking from his Q if you are isolated and the burst from DFG.

At level 18 he should have DFG, Deathcap, Abyssal, and Zhonya's, bringing his AP up to 614. His passive will be doing 220 damage with an additional 307 damage for a total of 527 total damage, which when proc'd 4 times means he can do 2108 damage in 3-4 seconds.

Just some math I was tossing around. Do you guys think that the ratio should be reduced/removed as it is now or that AP Kha'zix will not have the same impact that AP Rengar did to the game?

i commend you for trying. I play AP ez occasionally and people give me **** all the time. His rotation does like 3500 damage if he had similar AP (600) to your example. He doesn't have CC which holds him back some and his early game is ****. After some AP though E into ADC and kill him then run away and reload.

CMD Ruby Rose

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark6000 View Post
i commend you for trying. I play AP ez occasionally and people give me **** all the time. His rotation does like 3500 damage if he had similar AP (600) to your example. He doesn't have CC which holds him back some and his early game is ****. After some AP though E into ADC and kill him then run away and reload.
Quote:
09-22-2012

Doctor Zoidberg

08-11-2014

This thread has been necro'd TWICE.

This is no normal necromancy.

This is ADVANCED necromancy.

JaeJaeJaeJae

08-11-2014

Ap Kha is so bad. Why would you try that. Ever. Passive and W. All you got.