Support Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spirit of Fate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

I've been trying this our in normals:

Plus:
-Massive as and ms slow makes it impossible for other adc to fight you.
-SF is great harass, and cuts armor.
-You can dragon quickly without jungler as soon as you have your ult

Cons:
-SF harass can push the lane
-No sustain
-Your q doesn't do anything

What are your thoughts? Discuss

Prostate

09-22-2012

if you enjoy getting your prostate pushed in then sure play nasus support

Spirit of Fate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

How do you figure?

Edit: I don't mind being told that my idea came out of a toilet. Reasons are sort of what I'm after though.

samlovemetal

09-22-2012

I feel like he would be incredibly useless mid late game without literally any farm on his Q. Nasus is a bruiser.

ZedTheJellyfish

09-22-2012

no sustain, no shield, no displacement. if you want nasus to support your carry, he'd do it better as a jungler where he can farm his q. or even better a top laner with teleport.

MoooveZiiig

09-22-2012

If Wither + Exhaust all but guarantees kills top lane when the jungler comes around, I can see it do the same bot lane
It's just that your participation to the late game as a Support Nasus is going to be significantly weak.

But to win a lane? Slow + Armor reduction? Yep.

Nunu, however, would do it better.

Spirit of Fate

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoooveZiiig View Post
If Wither + Exhaust all but guarantees kills top lane when the jungler comes around, I can see it do the same bot lane
It's just that your participation to the late game as a Support Nasus is going to be significantly weak.

But to win a lane? Slow + Armor reduction? Yep.

Nunu, however, would do it better.
To be fair though, late game however, you're doing exactly what the average support does in a fight:
Wither whoever goes after the carry
CC their carry if you can
Build auras that benefit your team
In Nasus's case, de-buff their team, and deal decent magic damage from his ult
I agree that Nunu is probably much better, but at the same time I would argue Nasus allows for a lot easier objective control.

Dayblazer

09-22-2012

Nasus isnt a bad support. people will bash you just cause its different

Ramoth

09-22-2012

If you're looking for alt supports: try zyra support

Her plants base damage is great. Go boots of choice(I like ionia's... support ya know?), philo, kage's as first 3 items. Get ryai's as your first big item (depends how team is doing. Shurelya's is situational depending on amount of stomp and whatnot). Deathcap after that.

Proceed to laugh in lane at 6. Use E plants for Slows to stop jungle ganks prior to that. In teamfights, people will ignore plants since you're support, and not main AP.

Granted, it takes a lot to play right, but it is a really fun support.

And don't forget to ward.. that's my problem when I do it.

-------

As for nasus support, he only really helps with E lowering armor + Wither... I'd just get a Nunu for Speed + Slows. It's a better combination overall.

MoooveZiiig

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Fate View Post
To be fair though, late game however, you're doing exactly what the average support does in a fight:
Wither whoever goes after the carry
CC their carry if you can
Build auras that benefit your team
In Nasus's case, de-buff their team, and deal decent magic damage from his ult
I agree that Nunu is probably much better, but at the same time I would argue Nasus allows for a lot easier objective control.
I'm bolding this part, because no.

No skill in LoL beats Consume in securing objectives, bar MAYBE Gragas' Ult+Reg Barrel combo. Yep, Nasus ult hurts, killing Dragon/Baron fast is good, but not as much as securing the last hit no matter what.

But yeah, to peel someone off the Carry? Yeah, he does the job. However you got stuff like Janna and Nunu that can dislodge entire teams off the Carry.

I'm not saying he'd be entirely trash, but for the role you see for him, there are better choices.