First Forty-Eight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absoholic

09-22-2012

Well, my first 48 hours have been spent on the game. So far I think I'm doing OK but just wanted some opinions from everyone else.

So far my W/L is 20/12. Wondering how good that is compared to most players. I realize I'm low level still and there have been a lot of people leaving games on both sides so it may be a bit skewed though (that report button gets a work-out).

Most games my score is around 5-8/3-5/9-14. Is this within acceptable range? I, again, realize that that seems like a lot of deaths which I'm trying to work on by playing safer but I still need a little work I think.

How is all of that so far for my first forty-eight?

ACGIFT

09-22-2012

Keep in mind that in the end, your win-loss ratio is going to trend (in PvP) toward 50/50, as your Elo (even unranked has invisible Elo) will raise and you will be set up amidst a bunch of people with comparable skill to you.

What's important, though, is if you wind up being a good team player. I noticed you scored a lot of assists, which DOES mean you weren't alone, which is good. However, Ashe is supposed to be a carry, so generally her kills should exceed her assists. Other positions, though (such as Blitzcrank, a bona fide support) should have very few kills, and a lot of assists.

As for my other comment... 32 games in 48 hours? Sheesh, you need to take a break. :P

Absoholic

09-22-2012

Yeah, I figured my kills should have been higher in a lot of those games but it seemed like a lot of players were running in at the last second to take kills.

But yeah, I played a lot, lol. On my days off I tend to stay inside because I suffer from crippling depression since my fiance left me. Tends to leave a lot of time to play games when you can't stand too long, meh.

TehomCD

09-22-2012

Looking at your match history I would immediately say that you're far ahead of the curve as a new player; I'd assume you were a smurf rather than a new player because your builds are all pretty logical, summoner spells pretty much make sense for someone too low to run flash, and your creep score numbers are all pretty good. It's pretty likely that you're mostly playing against smurfs rather than other new players, I'd say.

Absoholic

09-22-2012

Well I watched a lot of streams in the last week (which is what really made me want to play) and then read their guides. So my builds are mostly just copying their builds. My minion kills are mostly from late-game farming when everything else is too dangerous. I always tend to be very cautious so I stay back and farm jungle if our lanes are all pushed up just so I won't get jumped. I even was a main tank in WoW for the longest time.

What do you mean playing against smurfs though? I see others talking about it but don't know what it means. (Googling smurf lol just brings up a bunch of movie results).

TehomCD

09-22-2012

Oh, sorry - smurf just means a secondary account of a level 30 player. A fairly odious practice is some players having low level accounts just to stomp on legitimately new players, though people make them for a lot of other reasons too, like playing with low level friends without getting them matched against players who are hopelessly more experienced than them. So if I saw you in game, I'd have assumed you were someone who already has a level 30 account since you seem like you know what you're doing.

Absoholic

09-22-2012

Well I'll take it as a compliment then! Thank you

Gen Doukeshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

You seem to be doing quite well as far as I can see! Those Proving Ground games will certainly help you in sort of a trial-by-fire way to judge how well you can stay alive in team fights, which is very important. I notice, at least in the games on your most recently played list, you seem to enjoy AD carries as Ashe and Teemo. If that's the way you're going to go, I recommend working particularly on getting the last hit on minions as often as possible. Such characters scale particularly well with items, so the more money you have, the stronger you'll become! And that skill will come in handy whenever you try to play other characters as well. If you want to set a really high goal for yourself, try for 80 minions killed every 10 minutes!

Absoholic

09-22-2012

Those proving grounds games were fun as all hell! One of my friends invited me to it. I didn't understand at first because I couldn't choose my character but he explained that that was the point and just to go kill. It was so fun not having to worry about farming or anything and just attack all game, lol.

Oh and I really do like AD ranged the most. I played Warwick a couple times (with my friends help thankfully cause I had no idea what 'jungling' even was at first, lol) but I love the whole ranger type aspect to them. Teemo was fun but I only played him because that same friend told me about the build I used called machine gun Teemo and I wanted to try it out.

Gen Doukeshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Well in that case, I don't know what order you built in, but might I recommend one? If so, the following is a very solid choice on all AD carries:
Boots +3 pots to start
Berserker's Greaves
(Optional: up to 2 or 3 Doran's Blades)
Infinity Edge
If no Doran's Blades, Vampiric Scepter
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer #2
Turn Vampiric Scepter into Bloodthirster
Last Whisper if they have a lot of armor. Take this earlier if you see them building a lot
Guardian Angel is also a fun last item

In general this will give you maximum damage per second and sustain with the lifesteal. Hopefully this will be subject to change when they start adding items in season 3, but for now this is awesome.