Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

11-12-2012

Idea 1) I personally feel like a 20 second cooldown would kill him. You'd get people using it more often, and never have enough ready to burst someone down when they get the chance. I know this is down to playstyle; but I think this would be a worse feeling that not having your ultimate at all. In my opinion, if Karma could activate Mantra once per minute to empower all her abilities for the next 7 second should would *feel* much better. Having a short burst of power feels better than having sustained power with no *umph*.

Idea 2) Xerath is already an arguable rip-off of AP Kog'Maw... you can't go and steal his ultimate as well. :/

Idea for a passive:
Locus of Power (Innate): The cooldowns of Xerath's basic abilities are reduced by 0.5 seconds by second every time an ability is cast nearby; his ultimate is reduced by 1 second. (Then rename his W to Ascended Form).

I know it's a bit of a rip-off of Ryze, but the two effects would feel different. Ryze is all about sustained-burst damage, he's all about spewing out constant damage. Xerath remains having fairly long cooldowns, and would feel like he gets strong in the presence of magic. ^_^

thiefaturtle

11-18-2012

bump!
Or at least change his ult.
Or change his skills around.
He is a cool champ but he doesn't feel like a long range caster...

Titiln

12-23-2012

bump

Yma Sumac

12-23-2012

your passive idea would never work because Riot hates RNG

Lacriga

12-23-2012

Ignore the "twin casting" option and go for the ammo system.

NotDevan

12-23-2012

They should just make his ult refresh on kill and do true damage.