Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Still Eternity

10-18-2012

Never Gunna Run Around, and Desert you.

Still Eternity

10-22-2012

500 Replies!

Magus Magi

11-02-2012

That's right, I'm bring S.E.X.y back.

BUMP!

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I've been delaying posting in this thread because of time constraints and wanting to make a decent post about it.

My thoughts on an ammo system for Xerath:

I'm actually quite afraid of moving Xerath's ult to an ammo system. In order to balance out the fact that Xerath can pop you with an ult charge almost whenever he wants, you would need to reduce something it does now, ie range/damage/number of max charges.

One thing I do like that the ammo system solves is Xerath feeling like a limp noodle whenever his ult is on cooldown. It would allow you to get an EQR combo off and harass your opponents more than once every 60 seconds (which to be fair is super short).

In regards to giving Xerath more poke via ammo system:

I actually don't think he's deficient at poking right now. Once you get your Q/W leveled up you can rattle off long range poke constantly. I think the usability of his W and passive need to be addressed before his ultimate.

Disclaimer: These are my personal thoughts.
Xerath can't be a long range harasser late game because he's bad at kiting and his E range isn't long enough to combo with. He ults and he's done. He's a long range burst caster who has a godawful early game.

He's also hard-countered by champs that are good at all stages (Morg being the main culprit here)

Sincarnation

11-02-2012

Personally I would like to see something of a kassadin style system repeated use increases damage and mana cost, but lower the base damage a tad.

That way he doesnt suck when ult isnt up and he can still be the artillery cannon late game

Ailwuful2

11-11-2012

bump on the charge system, could be legit.

If he becomes op because of it, you should balance him out by making Q hit harder.... = |

Cerulean Laser

11-11-2012

Give Lux's Ult an Ammo System and make it fall from the sky like Leona's Solar Flare and Xerath's Arcane Barrage. I want my Ion Cannon!

BlackSun8832

Recruiter

11-12-2012

bump

BaneRain

11-12-2012

Xerath is one of my favorite mages. It really pisses me off that he doesn't get played much. I think hese changes or some sort of similar change would be great.

BlackSun8832

Recruiter

11-12-2012

bump