Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dartirill

09-23-2012

thats a bad idea, xerath is fine right now.

Duarack5

09-23-2012

bump

EmrldCitySlasher

09-23-2012

Quote:
Duarack5:
As someone who's loved Xerath since I first started playing him, I'd be behind this change all the way.
He'd be a good burst champ, and finally just as good as a seige champion. He could farm with his R and Q as much as he'd like.
Want this. Now.

Just need riot to acknowledge this D:

KevinDelMarr

09-23-2012

While I was initially against this idea, the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like it. If you have the max greater than 3, then balancing damage would be difficult. But having it so you gain 3 charges by the normal CD time would be acceptable, each charge reducable by CDR (by level 6, has a 20 sec CD per charge, 12 with 40% CDR, to match the normal amount).

Don't change the fire cooldown, or time it take for the channel to complete (don't want a repeat of the last Ult change). Riot shouldn't change the power of the ammo, having players make the decision of when to Ult would the idea. Something to ponder. Keep the Thread going

KevinDelMarr

09-23-2012

Another thing to add. His Ult gives sight of an area. You can now sight an area without feeling like you have to use the next charges without it going to waste. Often I want to check out Dragon, but am hesitant to scout an area becuase I don't want to waste my full Ult on nothing. I think this change would add a little more depth to Xerath, to choose whether to zone enemies with a charge, or wait for that all out burst.

Still Eternity

09-23-2012

Bamples!

FrankyCentaur

09-23-2012

I think a change like that can actually make him viable.

EmrldCitySlasher

09-23-2012

bump b4 i go to bed

SeventhDiablo

09-23-2012

Quote:
Dartirill:
thats a bad idea, xerath is fine right now.

He is. The stun pretty much kills you. I used to think he was underpowered til i played a few rounds against him. I was 7-3 and he was about 2-4 (or 2-5) and he still killed me pretty hard.

Edit: and I was brand.

Gruntilda

09-23-2012

bump