Am I Efficient Enough To Be In Your Clan?

Yes 2 13.33%
No 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

RIOT Leaders, please give me advice to avoid matches like this (Picture Posted)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keddrick

09-22-2012

Edit1: My normal build for Wukong/Riven is Berserker's Shoes, Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, The Black Cleaver, Trinity Force and Last Whisper

My main character's are Wukong, Riven and Udyr. Though I will use Kog if I think we won't have a good mid laner when picking champions.

I played Wukong in this game. I solo'd top lane against opposing team's Ashe and Jax.

My Ashe went middle lane against Morgana (she got owned)
Amumu and Fiddlesticks went bottom lane against Blitzcrank and Miss Fortune (they got owned)
Warwick's role was to Jungle in between mid and bottom lane assisting whoever needed help (he failed at this and got owned)

See end game results in picture.

Can you give me some advice on how matches are set up and how I can get matched with people equal to my skill level. I tried to post this in the "Clan Section" so I could get recruited and only play with other greats, but for some reason my post won't post there :'(

To any clans who may see this post. Wukong is my main, I own with him. I also am good with Kog'maw (can use Cait if he is banned), but I only use him if we don't have a mid laner, though I'm 100% capable of mid laning with Wukong having Frozen Mallet equipped (E into minions, W, run behind mage/ranged character, Q, R and E to finish them off as they're trying to escape)

Edit: You guys are making assumptions. When the game 1st started, the 3 people I sent to the bottom all got killed before the minions spawned by attacking the enemy right next to their turret. The bottom players were way more fed.

Then the opposing team went to middle and killed our Ashe, letting the Morgan get finish. When they came to top, I was camping turret too hard for them to kill me. Using E then Q to quickly kill minions then W back to my turret.

When I realized it was impossible for me to push my lane, I recalled to base and exchanged my normal build items for gps items. I bought heavy defense items as quick as possible. I didn't need any offensive items cause the enemy team were squishy (using only offensive items) at the start. This allowed me to take out 4 turrets. 2 for my lane, 1 for mid and 1 for bottom.

I also never lost a top lane turret for my team, but the middle and bottom had been pushed so badly I had no choice but to camp my base for the rest of the game, which is where I picked up the majority of my kills.

I am a team player, but I'm not suicidal. If 3 of the people on their team are level 7 within 3 minutes and I notice my level 2 and 3 teammates get slaughtered, there is nothing I can do to save them because I'm still level 3 my darned self!

This game is more about intelligence and decision making more than anything. My 1st death is a prime example. I chased Ashe pass their turret to kill her and died in the process. Many of you would call this a stupid choice. That was my full intention. Using my E (nimbus strike) followed by Q (bonus damage strike and armor reduce) I was able to chip away at their health before I returned to my turret. Killing Ashe and getting slain by turret allowed to come back quickly and finish off Jax. Then I destroyed the turret and attempted to help in mid and bottom but it was too late. I had to constantly W into the jungle and recall to base to refill health. By the time I could afford the defensive item(s) I had, it was far too late to make a difference. The rest of the match was just survival.

LegendaryLemur

09-22-2012

No offense but you were laning against two people with heal and revive. It was probably their first pvp game, so this really doesn't say much, especially considering it was a loss. Yeah you had a positive kill-death, but you weren't able to use it to help your other lanes.

Saying how your teammates got owned really makes you seem like not much of a team player, so you might need an attitude adjustment. Not trying to rail on you, just trying to help.

ACGIFT

09-22-2012

Well, keep in mind that at summoner level 8, you're going to be playing with a wide mix of smurfs as well as complete newbies who aren't going to get it terrible fast. Hence PvP at that level is a bit of a crapshoot. It looks to me like you laned against a bunch of people not really any better than your own team, while the rest saw stiffer competition.

Furthermore, remember that, in the end, this is a TEAM game... I notice you have no assists, and at MOST 3 of your 9 kills weren't solo done all by yourself. If you're owning your lane, and, say, have readily pushed the first turret without losing your own, it's time to roam about: you're likely by now the most powerful champion on the map, so throw your weight around! Gank the other two lanes, make life miserable, and help them out too.

Remember not to take all the kills for yourself: make sure your allies get in some assists, (A strong team should have more total assists than total kills) as that's a free +150 gold for them that isn't costing you a thing; and if they really were the one responsible for the enemy dying, make sure THEY get the last blow they deserve. After all, how are they going to help out the rest of the team when they're under-fed?

Remember, again, it's a team game, and the team is only as strong as its weakest link. You can't win games by "owning" like that: you win it by making sure that your team as a WHOLE is "owning." Any coach will tell you that "there is no 'I' in 'team'."

chaser676

09-22-2012

Everyone else is right on target. Also, your build is pretty bad, you needed to get a last whisper and Trinity force instead of buying triple gp10. Also, buying heavy resistance items with no health is a mistake.

Add me iingame, chaser676, I'll work with you

Edit-

...you didn't buy boots....

ACGIFT

09-22-2012

Oh, and to go over the build...

• With only a few exceptions (such as an AP Carry building Kage's before turning it into a Deathfire Grasp) you don't want to build/hold onto GP10 items much, and DEFINITELY not stack them. Main exceptions are pro supports, who won't be farming at ALL. (since a pro support zones the enemy so their companion AD carry can last hit EVERY last minion)
  • Armor and Magic resistance basically increase your "effective HP" against the relevant attacks by a percentage equal to your rating. (so 100 armor means it takes +100% physical damage to kill you) This means you need to build health items too, to get maximum effect:
    • If you have 1,840 health and 200 armor, you have 5,520 EHP vs. physical.
    • In this case, building a Thornmail (+100 armor) would increase your physical EHP to 7,360, a 33.3% increase. But if you built a Warmog's (+920 HP) your physical EHP would go up to 8,280, a 50% increase. (PLUS Warmog's will permanently grow to add an additional 350 HP as you rack up minion & champion kills)
    • The extra health would ALSO give you a +50% increase to your magical EHP, regardless of what your magic resist was; if you had an identical 200 magic resist it'd work just the same as with armor.
  • Even a tank needs a degree of offense, especially if your allies aren't doing too hot; the extra ability will come in handy when you drop over to gank.
  • Oh, and you ARE going to need boots, on everyone. Once you start laning against opponents with even half of a credible amount of skill, if they have boots and you don't, it means that when the gank comes you'll have no hope of getting away reliably, even with your clone and a Flash... And it'll make it easy for them to hide back under their turret.

Magus Crow

09-22-2012

The CS doesnt look that bad for being a level 8 though you shold aim for something more along the lines of 180 in a 30ish minute game. Gold? This is inflated by your triple GP 10 that you are running I cant take it seriously.

An above poster mentioned tactics to use when you are steamrolling lane. PLEASE TAKE THAT TO HEART.

That build makes my head hurt. It really does. If you can do that well with subpar items like that I can only imagine how much MORE of a steamroll you'd have had if you went with Tabi / Mercs, Wriggle's, Phage, Wit's End and Randuin's Omen or something along those lines.

Edit: Also please realize that your stealth is countered by an Oracle's Elixer. Once people start dropping wards you'll be seeing these things come out and you tactic of Decoy -> Run behind you isnt going to work against anyone with it up.

Keddrick

09-22-2012

You guys are making assumptions. When the game 1st started, the 3 people I sent to the bottom all got killed before the minions spawned by attacking the enemy right next to their turret. The bottom players were way more fed.

Then the opposing team went to middle and killed our Ashe, letting the Morgan get finish. When they came to top, I was camping turret too hard for them to kill me. Using E then Q to quickly kill minions then W back to my turret.

When I realized it was impossible for me to push my lane, I recalled to base and exchanged my normal build items for gps items. I bought heavy defense items as quick as possible. I didn't need any offensive items cause the enemy team were squishy (using only offensive items) at the start. This allowed me to take out 4 turrets. 2 for my lane, 1 for mid and 1 for bottom.

I also never lost a top lane turret for my team, but the middle and bottom had been pushed so badly I had no choice but to camp my base for the rest of the game, which is where I picked up the majority of my kills.

I am a team player, but I'm not suicidal. If 3 of the people on their team are level 7 within 3 minutes and I notice my level 2 and 3 teammates get slaughtered, there is nothing I can do to save them because I'm still level 3 my darned self!

This game is more about intelligence and decision making more than anything. My 1st death is a prime example. I chased Ashe pass their turret to kill her and died in the process. Many of you would call this a stupid choice. That was my full intention. Using my E (nimbus strike) followed by Q (bonus damage strike and armor reduce) I was able to chip away at their health before I returned to my turret. Killing Ashe and getting slain by turret allowed to come back quickly and finish off Jax. Then I destroyed the turret and attempted to help in mid and bottom but it was too late. I had to constantly W into the jungle and recall to base to refill health. By the time I could afford the defensive item(s) I had, it was far too late to make a difference. The rest of the match was just survival.

chaser676

09-22-2012

If you want to know why your team was underleveled, it's because "you sent" 3 people bot, which is a terrible strategy. Add me in game, you have a long way to go

Keddrick

09-22-2012

My normal build for Wukong is Berserker's Shoes, Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, The Black Cleaver, Trinity Force and my 6th item always depends on gae, matchup etc.

My main character's are Wukong, Riven and Udyr. Though I will use Kog if I think we won't have a good mid laner when picking champions.

chaser676

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2 View Post
My normal build for Wukong is Berserker's Shoes, Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, The Black Cleaver, Trinity Force and my 6th item always depends on gae, matchup etc.

Why are you building zerkers and black cleaver? Those are awful items on those champions. You're an AD caster, not an AD carry.

Edit- and you built frozen mallet when you already have a phage in triforce. You consider yourself "great"?