Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

KhaZix is awesome but

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakotz

09-22-2012

Quote:
Transairion:
This, from the description evolving his ult actually seems worse than evolving anything else. It's basically damage reduction while stealthed and an extra use of said ult (to stealth again after doing so twice).

The other ones seem far more useful, but I don't have gameplay experiance to back this thinking up...

Assassin's need damage, right. They need to be able to get in and burst down their targets. What counters assassins? Burst damage on themselves. if you can kill your assassin before they kill you? what good can they do. What do you do to counter damage that will kill you? Stack avoidance and damage mitigation.

What does an extra tick of stealth and 40% damage reduction provide? Yeah. R evolve is almost brutally necessary.

SkipThree

09-22-2012

Quote:
LustxFinale:
I've only played one game on the PBE so I can't say anything for certain, but I felt his ult evolution was underwhelming as well. From what I can tell, you only get the damage reduction while you're stealthed, during which time you're already less likely to be hit because... you're stealthed. Unless you're around a pink ward or they have an oracles they already can't really hit you, and if you aren't taking damage there's no point in damage reduction.

AoE spells. Ult is a great evo at lvl 11/16 if you are against heavy AoE comp. Also, it is fun to use to get outta karthus ult damage =P.

As for W, it is a weak evo in lane (unless you REALLY need the poke/large AoE), but in jungle it really helps to get that ranged slow for ganks or catching people with ult (it refreshes your passive).

BuilderBob93

09-22-2012

Quote:
Dakotz:
Yeah I liked the bonus range at first too. and to be honest, there have been a few times when enemies were *just* out for Q range for the kill. however, take a step back for a minute and think, where are you starting early game?

if you are jungle, auto attack range shouldn't matter. You don't run the risk of running into threat range or being blocked by an enemy champ in the jungle. when ganking, you should be directly on top of an enemy anyways with your jump and slow from passive/red buff. if you can gank with 125 range on every other champ, what makes 175 range so much better on him? In duels, 50 extra range is covred in a half sec, so it doesn't make you counter melee. heck even in top lane, enemy champ threat ranges are so much larger than 50 extra range that you're not doing any bette ron last hitting or staying safer. And saftey isn't even the matter when you can fly out of ganks or stealth away. Plus, if you level W first, get some mana, and w evolve, you can clear whole waves as early as level 6 with one quick shot. There' literally no practically reason for 50 extra range.

Of course, I level W over Q first for the sustain in lane and jungle (its hilariously broken how much he can heal. Build him like yorick and just bully the enemy so hard they HAVE to back while being completely immune to ganks). Q, while doing decent damage, simply scales better with bonus AD than W, while W scales better with levels than Q. To have the highest effectiveness at level 9, does it not stand to farm for AD and level W so both spells do worthwhile damage?

Good points. Although the bonus range is most useful in teamfights and situations where you are being kited and blocked. But I can see that.

Dont' you go oom maxing W in the jungle?

Garbage Feet

09-22-2012

Khazix is pretty awesome. Def going to buy him.

Waschbar

09-22-2012

You Evolve R first. Always, thats 3 chances to get extra damage from being an Unseen threat. its wonderful. If you don't evolve R you're bad, and you don't fully understand Kha'Zix's kit.

Dakotz

09-22-2012

Quote:
BuilderBob93:
Good points. Although the bonus range is most useful in teamfights and situations where you are being kited and blocked. But I can see that.

Dont' you go oom maxing W in the jungle?

You can fairly easily without proper pacing after you lose blue buff. His first jungle clear is insanely fast, though. I go WQWE (or WQE for level 3 ganking). once you pikc up blue, spam abilities to your hearts content and you will destroy the jungle. He doesn't need wriggles as W provides all the sustain ad clear he needs (his speed cranks up enormously with W evolve at level 6). After bringing W to 2, then level your Q to 2, then max W to 5. This way you get the benefit of your W and your Q for the jungle, while managing your mana properly and not over exerting your mana pool. I do end up rushing a philo stone on him and going strait to triforce, though.

Waschbar

09-22-2012

I like Maxing Q better, though I don't evolve it. R Evo first, then E Evo usually because of the refresh leap.
I go Brut/Phage/Aegis for his jungle mostly though

Rastilan

09-22-2012

Q may only do 100-150 more dmg on use, BUT you can use it twice as often as W... thats 200-300 more dmg.

or just get a pentakill and evolve all 4 ;p

BuilderBob93

09-22-2012

Quote:
Dakotz:
You can fairly easily without proper pacing after you lose blue buff. His first jungle clear is insanely fast, though. I go WQWE (or WQE for level 3 ganking). once you pikc up blue, spam abilities to your hearts content and you will destroy the jungle. He doesn't need wriggles as W provides all the sustain ad clear he needs (his speed cranks up enormously with W evolve at level 6). After bringing W to 2, then level your Q to 2, then max W to 5. This way you get the benefit of your W and your Q for the jungle, while managing your mana properly and not over exerting your mana pool. I do end up rushing a philo stone on him and going strait to triforce, though.

philo triforce... interesting.

I've been going double dorans brutalizer, then either phage, aegis, hexdrinker, or whatever else i need. Wriggles is definitely not needed.