21/9 vs. 0/21/9 Jungler masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hopeful Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

before you read this is a duscussion for opinions and thoughts not for trolls i'm just intrested in your opinion, I ran many many tests on my data.

title says it all I heavily research all my junglers from multiple view points from the pro's like theoddone and st vicious to moba guides and forums

now here's where i get mixed feedback

there's the passive junglers such as nunu maokai alistar who prefer to farm (well nunu might invade for steals)

but 90% of the time 0/21/9 for these champions

then there's aggresive ones like Lee Shaco and such and alot of forums and moba guides will say 21/9 for these junglers but if you look at the pro's they all play them as 0/21/9 as well

now by this point you're thinking wtf who cares? it's just masteries. well it does matter! and here's why

i find if you go 21/9 you get so sooo much harder early ganks and excution helps all around through the game

but here's the catch you barley survive your jungle and can have a really rough time! you may not even be able to gank by the time you finish half your jungle you're almost dead unless you run armour 5 pots

if you run 0/21/9 you clear pretty lax and can almost allllways gank so it makes the difference between a gank and no gank

so is it worth the dps or are you better with sustain

reason this has bothered me so much is becuase your first clear getting 1 gank can be really important it can set that lane up to win all game with the early gold or not

I know i'll get alot of rage and 90% of you wont read all this but to those who do thank you

-- RANDOM DATA--
21-9 clear with lee/Kha'zix/shaco roughly finish entire jungle double buff with 60-80 life
(unable to clear with mao nunu etc. using 21-9)

0-21-9 clear with lee kha'zix shaco roughly 200-250 life
(with nunu mao etc. 300+ life clear)

note all tests are run doing boots 3 pots starting either blue or wolves data collected from doing 10 runs each (champion)

note2: these arn't the only ones i have tested. i have tested almost everyone who can jungle and even troll jungles like karth i just meantioned the most recent tests)

Hopeful Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

also i'd like to point out by passive and farm i don't mean they wont gank i just mean they wont invade or play a hyper aggressive jungle always exceptions though

Skardae

10-05-2012

I personally like 12/9, but I like to start with cloth-5 which compensates for the lack of survivability.
I'd guess the pros like 0/21/9 because of the threat of invasion/counter-jungling, and added sustain and buff duration. The mana regen would help if they stole your blue, buff duration is great and the little movement buff is okay. 10% tenacity helps ganks, since alot of people automatically stun you as soon as you step out of the brush. I think it's the safety aspect really. Not dying is as important as getting kills, and sometimes not dying can shut someone down who relies on kills. That's just what I guess.

Hopeful Angel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skardae View Post
I personally like 12/9, but I like to start with cloth-5 which compensates for the lack of survivability.
I'd guess the pros like 0/21/9 because of the threat of invasion/counter-jungling, and added sustain and buff duration. The mana regen would help if they stole your blue, buff duration is great and the little movement buff is okay. 10% tenacity helps ganks, since alot of people automatically stun you as soon as you step out of the brush. I think it's the safety aspect really. Not dying is as important as getting kills, and sometimes not dying can shut someone down who relies on kills. That's just what I guess.

good incite i like your observation and style i hope you continue it and thanks for your input

kavinh the third

10-06-2012

reason pro gamers don't go 21/9 for junglers i'd assume is because they know for a fact that you won't get kills early game as a result of having slightly more damage, so going 0/21/9 first off gives them longer buff duration which makes it so u have a bigger window of opportunity to gank with red but i think the main reason is the MS bonus in those trees having a free bonus 5% MS is pretty major u'll even see some pro gamers like i think saint vicious did this by stacking MS quints on udyr and started the game with an absurd amount of MS which along with boots made ganks much easier then some minor damage.

Hopeful Angel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
reason pro gamers don't go 21/9 for junglers i'd assume is because they know for a fact that you won't get kills early game as a result of having slightly more damage, so going 0/21/9 first off gives them longer buff duration which makes it so u have a bigger window of opportunity to gank with red but i think the main reason is the MS bonus in those trees having a free bonus 5% MS is pretty major u'll even see some pro gamers like i think saint vicious did this by stacking MS quints on udyr and started the game with an absurd amount of MS which along with boots made ganks much easier then some minor damage.

very true another good thought, thank you, and anyone else have opinions on this?

TeknoWizard

10-06-2012

I have to say, I've become a fan of 9/12/9. A more balanced masteries page, giving you enough in everything.