Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you play against a rengar on this mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

09-26-2012

Buy Oracles and get someone with hard CC on the team. I've used Sweeper a few times against him but realized that he will often jump on you before you even use it. So I'd probably sweep the area that you are about to fight someone and wait for him to show up.

TempNam325rwe5

09-26-2012

I like how none of these tactics really involve killing him, but merely trying to get away/survive. I'll say it for you: Rengar is OP. It takes an entire team to deal with him which isn't fun and hard to coordinate in solo queue.

67chrome

09-26-2012

I've been able to consistently barely out-damage him as Fiora with equal items. Which makes me a little sad, primarily with how Fiora is 100% focused on damage with 0 utility and Rengar has at least some utility.

That bone-tooth necklace is crazy good for the price tag to, 12-46 damage just based on your level with no stacks at all for an inexpensive 800 gold is pretty ridiculous, especially considering the quality of life changes it grants him when he does reach stack milestones.

Overall he's strong at being an assassin or tanky derp, pretty much at the same level as Jax, Pantheon, and Jayce for 1 on 1 trading. So you can really only counter him the same way as a full team of cheesecake champions, by playing on a team of cheesecake champions yourself.

That said attacking Rengar when he least expects it is infinity more preferable to being attacked when you least expect it, as a DPS champion surprise can afford you upwards of a 50% health advantage against your foe. Outside of Rengar's Roar and Bola shot his damage seems largely AA based as well, so Exhausting him can shut him down pretty hard - especially considering how his damage is applied with his attack damage combo.

FDru

09-26-2012

I have changed my stance on Rengar in Dominion.

The correct way to play against him is to feed him many, many kills and spam "dat rengar" in chat.

MMKH

09-26-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I have changed my stance on Rengar in Dominion.

The correct way to play against him is to feed him many, many kills and spam "dat rengar" in chat.

The correct way to run a team comp is now have all AP and a Rengar, because he has all the freaking physical damage you need lol.

HaIfhearted

09-26-2012

The way I like to use Sweeper against Rengar is as an area-denial thing.

*IF* I see him stealth and the active is up, I'll throw it down right in between my team and him, so that he has to reveal himself if he wants to jump anyone.

DSpyder

09-26-2012

The issue I have with sweeper and Rengar is: It doesn't prevent his opening if he is intellegent. That opening burst can be insane. That said it does prevent him from using his ult to run.

Exhaust is pretty decent against him. Thorn is actually decent against him. Hard cc and focus him is best.

HaIfhearted

09-26-2012

Well, yeah, it doesn't stop him from actually bursting someone.

But it does let your team see him coming so they can react to him more quickly.