Broken Glass (Void Story, Very Closed RP, Hide the children!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-22-2012

The party has to lower and press itself against a hill, unfortunately based on the sounds of battle, it is very close by. The group has already passed a few corpses of Voidborn, mostly humanoids covered in armor, that have been well...subjected to decapitation, or loss of limb. Some corpses were unidentifiable because the bodies were...too cut up, like something sliced it into dozens of pieces...

Regardless, the sounds of battle begin to falter, the conflict seems to be just about over and the group hears yelling, of course, the speech is not able to be understood by Eric or Glass. The Red Lizard's ears though are perked up and he raises a hand to pause the group...

"Stop."

The Voidborn issues a command to stop telepathically, Glass does so, and the message is sent to Eric.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

Senior Member

09-22-2012

The bodies did not cause either of them to falter, but the lizards voice did. The battle had died down but the yelling was not a good sign for things to come. At hearing the command, Eric stops in his tracks not moving another inch unless something happened.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-22-2012

...There are lots of footsteps...the sounds dim out, like a bunch of people running away. And then, there was silence, save some rustling. The sound of flesh being teared apart was much lower now, like something was feasting. The Red Lizard squints its eyes, it is concentrating deeply on the sounds and movements...

"...It seems like one side retreated, and from the sounds, there is one Voidborn consuming its prey. Hmm..."

The Lizard does not like this, Glass considers looking around the corner to identify the one who killed all these Voidborn...but the Lizard stops him-

"No, don't move any further Glass, this one might be very aware of its surroundings, although it allowed the others to escape it might perceive us as threats...I sense its power...it is strong..."

The Lizard looks to Eric and his party, although Glass is strong, Eric might have a take on this-

"The Voidborn seems to be alone, but it is powerful considering what it did. It is feasting on its spoils though, I wonder what you all might suggest. Personally, I am divided. We could try attacking it in a surprise for an advantage, or we could try moving along, leaving it be, but it could strike at us if it perceives us as threats...damn instinct types..."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

Senior Member

09-22-2012

Eric thought about this in a strategic way. They could leave the thing alone and try to move on without it noticing but that leaves danger in two ways, it might finish eating and come for the party or pose a threat in the possibility they have to come through this area again. He has slain powerful beasts before on trips to other worlds, though this is the void, the places he been to had only one rule. Only the strongest survive.

"There is a way we can deal with it, Demonicus here will charge at the thing providing the distraction. Glass and I will strike it from the flanks and Ghost will backstab the thing. We need any threat removed."

Demonicus forms a massive flail and chain as he waits for the signal to swing the spiked boney sphere at the thing. His body lit with demonic flames.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-22-2012

"I agree with that plan, we have traveled in a bit into this area, any other Voidborn that might interfere one of us would have picked up already. We simply can't risk letting this one run loose while we try to get through this Domain."

The Lizard smiles, Glass nods in agreement as well, and prepares his blade his eyes fully aware ready to round the corner of the hill. The flanking for different angles should hopefully end this fast, but the Lizard suspects it won't be quite so simple. Glass hears the sounds of the beast feasting and gives an accurate estimate of the distance behind the cover...around 13 yards...

The lizard looks back to Eric's crew and Glass, and waits to give the signal for people to be in place, Glass is ready...

{{ Don't want to have you staying up in anticipation, going to stop for today, will get up tomorrow, I love weekends }}


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-23-2012

The Red Lizard looks to Demonicus and looks back to the corner. He raises his hand....

and throws it forward, the signal was given! Glass is well prepared to go around once Demonicus goes!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Demonicus sensing the signal swings the flail in the direction of the void creature before charging in immediately hoping the flail distracts the thing for him to get close and attack. His black armor glows with red flames while his skull head fumes. Ghost takes his position and gets ready for the attack. Eric lies opposite of Glass on the other side of the beast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-23-2012

The sound of the flail crashing against something hard was heard, there was a terrifying screech followed by clattering of teeth. Demonicus might have hit the creature directly as he turns the corner-

Attachment 530784

The sight of the monster is horrible, twin bloody scythes attached where hands would be on a human, and the body is rotten and old. The head is worn and only holds sockets where normally eyes or a nose would be. It seems to have blocked the flail but its meal was disturbed. There are about 11 or so bodies it was slicing and devouring, the blood still wet on the ground.

It raises its scythes, one defensively horizontial and the other pointed at new prey, Demonicus. It is a touch smaller than the armor but it seems terribly confident to add him to the meal...as it rushes fast towards him!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Demonicus materializes two flame blades in his hands as he comes up to the creature. He seen worse in Hell and did not flinch at the abomination. The demonic construct opens the attack with a stream of molten, hot flames from his mouth while his blades prepare for combat. Each footstep left a scorch upon the ground. The other two pieces wait patiently for the thing to start fighting before moving in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-23-2012

The flames burn into the creature, but that doesn't waver it as it suddenly bursts into a spin right into Demonicus with its blades! Fortunately Demonicus had his defense prepared but the creature impacted him so hard it knocked the armor down with a huge bang, his blades are cracked and one actually broke from the impact as the creature lands behind him. The scythes are not scratched, its offensive ability and weapons are several levels above Demonicus's current weapons-

"We need to strike!"

Glass begins to run in, already in place to flank the creature whose back is turned from the rest of the group!