Solo/Duo Que Resets?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raskoon

09-21-2012

I heard the Riot isn't doing a elo reset for everyone back to 1200 after the season is over. Is this true? Or will there be placement matches after the season. Reason for asking is while I have crawled out of "elo hell," it has only gotten more difficult to makeup for others lack of skill, even while duoing. Since the higher elo you go, the more it matters when someone isn't good. And because I am bound to be the lowest elo, I am in the bracket of the mentality of last pick has to support, it becomes even harder to makeup for other people. So, unless rating starts being based on individual skill as opposed to team, several people will be stuck in this position of incapability to rise higher. Solo que should have a solo rating affiliation, not a team one.

TL: DR: Solo que elo is accepting far too many outliers to be accurate.

Also, make a requirement before being able to do competitive play...

Orphand

10-07-2012

I agree. Players should be forced to win a certain number of games or be able to sign up for 1 of 3 positions for in game before queing up.
It's really hard when a new lvl 30 thinks he can just que it up in ranked and he only drags the team down. I find myself in positive K/D ratio almost every game.... yet we will still lose due to braindead players...
ELO HELL

magna200

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

If your skill is truly above the elo you're in you'll eventually get matched with teams that don't completely suck. I find jungling is the easiest way to make up for a bad teammate. Simply gank a lane to get one of the stronger players snowballing, and then camp whichever lane the "bad" player is in all the time.

Sign Of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by magna200 View Post
If your skill is truly above the elo you're in you'll eventually get matched with teams that don't completely suck. I find jungling is the easiest way to make up for a bad teammate. Simply gank a lane to get one of the stronger players snowballing, and then camp whichever lane the "bad" player is in all the time.
I do somewhat agree with you. If someone is truly as good as they think they will get out of elo hell. But you also have to think it's a team game. You cant win by yourself. My friend plays Jax top EVERY game in elo hell. 9/10 times he is fed with around 11kills and 3deaths or better. every game around 30mins in. but he is in elo hell. yes he wins more than he loses but they way elo works is the same as Chess. But in solo queue its broken. You judges a players skill on a win/lose and lets say a 2k elo player is player in 800 elo. if his team is just trash and loses his elo goes down. It's just broken. Solo queue shows nothing imo. If it was a 1v1 that would be okay. But its solo 5's. Now 5s and 3s are fine. You have a team and the elo is based around your teams skill overall. Solo queue its based on your team as well. You are based on your team. Not Yourself.

Sorry about the rambling on. I just hate elo hell. 2 of my good friends are in 1700 elo and I am better than both of them yet my elo is 1000. They even know/tell me im better than them. They say its wrong for good players to be stuck in elo hell. btw some of the MLG players have been stuck in elo hell. I mean its easy to get out of. just takes way to much time. watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlKC...eature=related
Reginald talks about elo hell. He also stays that sometimes it could take 1900 elo player just to play up to 500 games to get out of elo hell.