Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Tell me what to do

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Hi, i'm basically here to complain about this game, ask a few questions and get on with it. My past 6 games ( you can check my match history ) Somebody has either quit or afked the whole game. Is that what this game is all about? quitting and afking just because you can't accept a loss? Now riddle me this. When the person who went mid is asking for assistance and the first mid turret is still up, you go there to help them. Lets say you cleared mid with them, THEY JUST RUN AWAY FROM THE TURRET TO ANOTHER LANE!? They don't go after the turret, in all of my time of LoL I have seen very few people go after the turret after mid is cleared. It would make the most common sense to get the turret after mid is cleared, the same applies to any lane. Heres another thing, is this game filled with trolls and little 14 year olds? I can quite honestly say that this is the most horrible community of MOBA\PVP players I have ever seen in all of my 8\9 years of online gaming. I'm honestly thinking about just switching to dota, no dota doesn't have better gameplay than LoL but it sure as hell has a better community and people that actually try to help you instead of running you off the game and telling you to uninstall it.

Any comments questions or concerns? Post away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Lets say you cleared mid with them, THEY JUST RUN AWAY FROM THE TURRET TO ANOTHER LANE!? They don't go after the turret, in all of my time of LoL I have seen very few people go after the turret after mid is cleared.
___

Let me continue on with this. I believe the reason people do this is because they want more kills on their stats or scoreboard. Well, it's not about kills in my honest opinion, it's about teamwork and getting through the turrets as fast as possible in pvp before the other team does. Yes, kills have quite a bit to do with what I stated but when you have a lane cleared GO AFTER THAT LANES TURRET, don't just run off and try to find more kills in other lanes, thats why you have other people on your team to tend to those lanes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

I'm not saying I am the worst LoL player and i'm not saying I am horrible at the game but at times i'll get thrown into a lane solo with a squishy champion while somebody else is off jungling that should be there helping me, does that make much sense? I've tried telling them " This isn't going to work, im playing.. ashe (for example), I am too squishy please come lane with me ) Here is what most of the replies are. " NO YOU SUCK JUST DIE AT BOTTOM " or " handle it yourself, stay behind the turret " Okay, if I stay at the turret that just gives them the opprotunity to destroy that turret and dive in for a kill from me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

I would really like to enjoy playing League of Legends, I mean.. it's a really good game and I would hate to have to uninstall it but with the way this community is and the strategy that people use in every single match it's not looking too bright. I know I know, nobody gives a **** if one player quits, i'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people that log this game every week but it's still pretty bad when you can't get help from anybody on what to do ingame just because they are too stubboron or have an ego the size of their GB's of RAM, I believe my method of playing is correct and yes maybe sometimes I don't do the right thing but i'm still learning as did everybody when they first started, i've been playing for about 4 or 5 months now but as I said, i'm not the worst player ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Okay, first off, the low level community is an absolute cesspool currently. No one will ever argue that. It's just that it's a free to play game, and when people make new accounts at the drop of a hat, there's basically zero consequences to acting like a complete ass in low level games. As people level up, though, they get pretty attached to their accounts especially if they spend money on it, and you see a really dramatic drop in people leaving arbitrarily or being totally toxic.

As far as people making bad strategic moves, yeah, you'll see some of that until you win more games and people get more experienced. It isn't necessarily a bad move to leave a turret up, though. Destroying a turret gives your team gold, xp, and additional map control, but you lose the ability to zone someone if you were winning the lane handily, or someone will judge that it's too risky to push based on what champions could converge on you and how good they may be at chasing you down.

The fact you have junglers at all in your games probably means you're above average, since people normally only do that if they're experienced players. In most cases, you should be able to not feed in a 1v2 lane if the enemy team doesn't do like a 3-4 man dive, though you could wind up being zoned a lot as you wait for them to let creeps go to your turret. You'll normally only be dived if you take a lot of harass from trying to last hit when you shouldn't be. So they might be technically right (if rude) to say that you could handle the 1v2 lane, but it's also silly for them to expect a new player to be able to do something that's very difficult.

Edit: I just saw that you were level 30. Honestly, the whole leaver thing mystifies me then - leavers are extremely rare when I play, so I don't know what to tell you. I'd just have to say you're running into bad luck, and probably your best bet is just to find nice people to queue with so you have less chances of running into jackasses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
TehomCD:
Okay, first off, the low level community is an absolute cesspool currently. No one will ever argue that. It's just that it's a free to play game, and when people make new accounts at the drop of a hat, there's basically zero consequences to acting like a complete ass in low level games. As people level up, though, they get pretty attached to their accounts especially if they spend money on it, and you see a really dramatic drop in people leaving arbitrarily or being totally toxic.

As far as people making bad strategic moves, yeah, you'll see some of that until you win more games and people get more experienced. It isn't necessarily a bad move to leave a turret up, though. Destroying a turret gives your team gold, xp, and additional map control, but you lose the ability to zone someone if you were winning the lane handily, or someone will judge that it's too risky to push based on what champions could converge on you and how good they may be at chasing you down.

The fact you have junglers at all in your games probably means you're above average, since people normally only do that if they're experienced players. In most cases, you should be able to not feed in a 1v2 lane if the enemy team doesn't do like a 3-4 man dive, though you could wind up being zoned a lot as you wait for them to let creeps go to your turret. You'll normally only be dived if you take a lot of harass from trying to last hit when you shouldn't be. So they might be technically right (if rude) to say that you could handle the 1v2 lane, but it's also silly for them to expect a new player to be able to do something that's very difficult.



I'm not new, i'm level 30 and still experience people quitting\trolling to their hearts desire. I am new to pvp though because I did all of my levels in co-op intermiadiate bots. But if you are pushing mid with somebody or there could be 2 others there with you, if you cleared that lane of 2 champions that only leaves 3 active. the other 2 will most likely be top and bottom so youll have support of 2 others if somebody trys to rush in while you're attack that turret. It's moves like miss fortunes abilities and gangplanks ability and nidalees ability that get you, they have such long range it's hard to avoid it even if you are behind the turret.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LowlyingLemur

Senior Member

09-21-2012

I'll just tack on a few things to TehomCD's excellent response.

While you are lowish elo and seeing a lot of toxic players, make liberal use of the mute button during game, and the report button after the game.

In terms of the turret, not only is it not always good to take it down (because then they can sit on their half of the map and farm), but it also isn't always the best use of time. If another lane is getting pushed, your teammate may be right in abandoning the opportunity to attack the turret. Other times it is probably just people trying to pad their k/d stats though.

Regarding the jungler, you really should try to sort that out during champion selection. If someone has smite, then figure out who is going to take the potential 1v2 lane and if its you, choose a more appropiate champ than Ashe for that situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
LowlyingLemur:
I'll just tack on a few things to TehomCD's excellent response.

While you are lowish elo and seeing a lot of toxic players, make liberal use of the mute button during game, and the report button after the game.

In terms of the turret, not only is it not always good to take it down (because then they can sit on their half of the map and farm), but it also isn't always the best use of time. If another lane is getting pushed, your teammate may be right in abandoning the opportunity to attack the turret. Other times it is probably just people trying to pad their k/d stats though.

Regarding the jungler, you really should try to sort that out during champion selection. If someone has smite, then figure out who is going to take the potential 1v2 lane and if its you, choose a more appropiate champ than Ashe for that situation.


I always report people if they quit after a game. Yeah, i'll agree on the farming part but the turret has to come down eventually so they will eventually farm during that game no matter what and if that is the case then going for every lanes first turret would be a bad thing ( most people in pvp seem to do that ) That would open up every lane to farm. But yeah, nobody really talks in the queue except a few I have tried before. I know jungling is good in the long run for players but I also think it opens up for feeding opprotunities. Like.. What if you have a tank like mundo or.. sion and you are solo top. But then it ends up a 2v1 with you and somebody like taric and brand ( or another stun champion ) It would almost be impossible to escape from 2 stuns like that in the beginning levels 1-6


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Looking at your match history, I think your perception might be shaped a little from co-op games about how to weigh objectives. Your CS seems to generally be very low, which isn't normally a big deal in bot games since you can just farm the bots and easily push down turrets. PvP has a much greater emphasis on farming since players die much less the better you get, and are much better at punishing you for risky fights trying to take objectives: one of the best ways to throw a game you're winning is a risky turret dive that doesn't pan out, for example.

That's not to say your teammates aren't wrong, just that they might not necessarily be when your instinct from bot games is to just keep pushing for the win.

As far as the leaver thing, my experience may be different because I normally play with people who've been 30 for a very long time, so they're probably a lot more attached to their accounts, and toxic players who are new to 30 may not have sufficient number of reports to get kicked out of the game by the Tribunal yet. I do think it'll get better with time, but you'd just have to take my word for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendry

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
TehomCD:
Looking at your match history, I think your perception might be shaped a little from co-op games about how to weigh objectives. Your CS seems to generally be very low, which isn't normally a big deal in bot games since you can just farm the bots and easily push down turrets. PvP has a much greater emphasis on farming since players die much less the better you get, and are much better at punishing you for risky fights trying to take objectives: one of the best ways to throw a game you're winning is a risky turret dive that doesn't pan out, for example.

That's not to say your teammates aren't wrong, just that they might not necessarily be when your instinct from bot games is to just keep pushing for the win.

As far as the leaver thing, my experience may be different because I normally play with people who've been 30 for a very long time, so they're probably a lot more attached to their accounts, and toxic players who are new to 30 may not have sufficient number of reports to get kicked out of the game by the Tribunal yet. I do think it'll get better with time, but you'd just have to take my word for it.


So you would suggest that I farm a bit more? If I do happen to get in a lane with somebody I normally try to stay with them and do as they do unless they are doing something I don't completely agree with or just goofing off trying to throw the game purposely


12