RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MortalXII

09-22-2012

This is Riot at their best.

Chicken Jones

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedric Masters View Post
I'll try to be constructive about this, instead of raging with just and mighty rage over no IP reductions.

Because perhaps the IP reductions are not the point here. Sure they would be nice and the vast majority of players, myself included would like to see more IP reductions on older (S1) 6300's, champs that get no love from Riot. BUT!

The point is the perceived value when deciding whether to spend your real-life, hard-earned cash on a new, shiny, exciting champ or an older not-so-exciting-anymore champ that is in a lower IP tier, and is as such, perceived to be of lesser value.
The point is the discrepancy in the price tiers when comparing the IP/RP costs of champs.

Some 3150's and 4800's cost the same 975 RP as a 6300 IP champ.
Some 3150 IP champs cost more RP than a 4800.
Some 4800 IP champs cost less RP than other 4800's.

Why the discrepancy? Why not make fixed RP cost tiers the same as the IP tiers? A player would rather spend 975 RP on a new 6300 than an old S1 3150 champ, and just save the IP for the old champ, after all, it's a better deal for his cash.

So, even though I think Riot is going in the right direction by reducing the prices of older champs, I do believe it is not enough to skim off 75 RP and create yet another level of confusion and price discrepancy since now we have 4800 IP champs that cost 975, 850, and 790 RP.

I mean... Get your act together Riot, people spend more cash on skins and new champs and spend IP on the older champs anyway, so reducing their RP costs further and rebalancing RP/IP tiers would probably benefit you more than hurt. Also, screw doing it gradually. One swift stroke of justice for all the champs in the store would be much more satisfying for us players.
Yeah, standardizations should help.

Something like this maybe.

6300 -> 975
4800 -> 790 (can't go for higher prices and expect people not to whine, Riot set this price first)
3150 -> 690
1350 -> 585
450 -> 260

I think lower RP prices on old champions can convince people to spend money on them, and it will make collecting different rune sets faster, and also help getting a nice collection of champs for ranked.

PS.- Also, who can say champion X is worth more than champion Y, when both can do equally well in a game? The guy that said that champs should all have the same price has a point. Except some are older, and maybe novelty should be reflected on pricing, a.i. decreasing price range from newest to oldest champs (like it does now, but corrected), IDK.

RepulsiveHobo

09-22-2012

Just delete this thread and we'll forget this happened and forgive you eventually.

Arwein

09-22-2012

I ate lots of oranges and it still wasn't ok

Levgre

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwein View Post
I ate lots of oranges and it still wasn't ok
That's because the discount only saves you enough to buy one orange

SomniumMortus

09-22-2012

690 RP for Kassadin? IP is still a better option when it's only 3150 Riot.

ElmntFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

YES! Please do something for 4800 and 3150 IP champions. This is the main reason I haven't bought any 3150 champions. I own almost all of the 6300's from sales and bought the 1350's and below with IP. That leaves these 2 price points which feel like a waste of RP or IP when I buy with either.

Mameman

Recruiter

09-22-2012

One thing about this strikes me as strange and it's probably already been said...

But Caitlyn is 790 RP. Why are the two 4800 champions in this reduction being reduced to 850?

Darkde

09-23-2012

yo trundle wheres your skin man? its fallin right off ya
RIOT HAS TO GIVE YOU A NEW SKIN AT SOMEPOINT RIGHT?

Fedora Tipper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

*Reads "Price Reductions"*

*Reads "RP"*