Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeinne

09-21-2012

you should add the statics of how many people actually bought any of those with rps after the change, it will be hilarious.

Adumbro Deus

Recruiter

09-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for these particular RP price reductions is to understand how champion purchase patterns change at different price points. Once we have enough data, I will propose a long term price structure for champions that covers both RP & IP. The overriding goal is to find the best price structure for both players and Riot.

Champion IP price reductions were restarted 17 days ago after a long hiatus, and the fact that we decided to reduce RP prices today does NOT mean that we are no longer looking at IP prices.

-Hippalus

Heh, this makes a ton of sense actually.

R3dGyarados

09-21-2012

Okay.

Drogeist

Recruiter

09-21-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for these particular RP price reductions is to understand how champion purchase patterns change at different price points. Once we have enough data, I will propose a long term price structure for champions that covers both RP & IP. The overriding goal is to find the best price structure for both players and Riot.

Champion IP price reductions were restarted 17 days ago after a long hiatus, and the fact that we decided to reduce RP prices today does NOT mean that we are no longer looking at IP prices.

-Hippalus

Well I appreciate this additional bit of information. I wasn't very impressed by the RP reductions, but I'm eagerly awaiting any future IP reductions you have in "store." Get it?!!?!

Bladesk8ter

09-21-2012

lmao what is the difference? i still have to pay 10 bucks for the skin

UNPGriff

09-21-2012

To be honest I only buy sale champs anyway, but if swain were to go on sale at this rp price i would probably buy him instead of the current sale price

Kazkal

09-21-2012

Greedy people some of us paid full price for all 4 of those toons,Atleast you have cheaper options.

PS,it makes since being most of these champs are 4800 IP

Toysoldier

09-21-2012

These are very minor reductions.

Instead of reducing old champions, just release some new ones lower, that way the entire community can appreciate it, and not just a part of it.

Yuki Akuma

09-21-2012

Hippalus is a pretty cool guy. He actually talks with the community regarding prices and gaining feedback.

HoImes

09-21-2012

I have no idea why people are downvoting this.
They're just probably going to decrease RP costs on 3150 and 4800 costs so that they're not the same as 6300s, and these RP reductions will probably start coming along with the IP reductions in the future.