Creative Design AMA - Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larcent

09-21-2012

Odd question, but now that the bug is out of the bag, will Regnar's lore be edited a touch to actually refer to Kha'zix more specifically? It seems weird to have Regnar's background be so mysterious now that we know who it's talking about.

Wendek

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
I hope these questions have been addressed to your satisfaction in my other posts! They're a bit split up, but generally we prefer the Void to be inscrutable and alien, so I'm rather limited in what I can say.
Well nope, they haven't been answered at all. I understand why you want it to be "inscrutable" but I have trouble finding any interest in something about which I'll most likely never learn anything. I understand "suspense", but "not knowing anything" just kills interest in the long run for me.
And I don't even know if they can cross back, so I'm just going to assume they can.

Trolosaurus

09-21-2012

Does Kha'Zix view Yordles as easy prey?
Also, what was his first reaction to how hard they could fight back? (especially Poppy)
Lastly, would he want any of their traits?

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
That's a very interesting question, and I fear I would cheapen it by giving it an answer, so I will give it a question instead: Can Kassadin's daughter go to the Void, and if so, has she been there?
Well, she DID get sucked into the Void when Malzahar and Kassadin had their confrontation in Zaun...

Or is my memory faulty?

The Fizznity

09-21-2012

This is more of a sideways question aimed at the Void in general, but: You mentioned that "there are things mortals aren't meant to know". Does that mean immortals like Kayle, Nasus, or Anivia are capable of grasping information about the Void without it turning them into Void creature wannabes?

And on that note, what is Kha'Zix' opinion of Nasus? Keeping in mind how powerful his lore portrays him (orders of magnitude more powerful than the summoners as a group, playing in the League and by the League's rules solely to capture and kill Renekton)

TheMeta88

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Well, she DID get sucked into the Void when Malzahar and Kassadin had their confrontation in Zaun...

Or is my memory faulty?
Yeah this concerns me a bit. I would hope riot would be a bit more familiar with their own lore. Whether they are relatively new or not.

Quote:
This is more of a sideways question aimed at the Void in general, but: You mentioned that "there are things mortals aren't meant to know". Does that mean immortals like Kayle, Nasus, or Anivia are capable of grasping the concept of a void without it turning them into Void creature wannabes?

And on that note, what is Kha'Zix' opinion of Nasus? Keeping in mind how powerful his lore portrays him (orders of magnitude more powerful than the summoners as a group, playing in the League and by the League's rules solely to capture and kill Renekton)
I can probably answer this better at this point. I think that it means that anything outside of the void and not just mortals. It could also be a direct shot at humanity in general in that Riot is just talking out their ass and they themselves don't really know cause, well, none of us our from the Void.

There was a thread a while ago debating just how strong various champions are. While nasus was at the top it was eventually decided that he wasn't really as strong as he is portrayed in the lore. Let us also keep in mind that that lore was written a long time ago and may not meet riots current standards. Back then lores were meant to just give you a basic idea of what the champ was about. So a badass dog who makes summoners afraid is pretty epic for people picking the game up.

To the point however, I do not think he knows a lot of Nasus yet. As time goes on he may get a better grasp on who he would and would not want to eat. I would imagine Nasus is up there but right now his sights are probabyl soley set on Rengar.

BelligerentGnu

09-21-2012

Quote:
"Qa" can be pronounced "Kwa", and we did not want him to be named "Kwa'zix" for folks who pronounced it that way. "Kh" is also generally associated with dignity and power in a way that "Qa" isn't; "Qa" is more sci-fi and exotic.
Drat you and your logic. :P

Fine. But let the powers that be know that we need a Q champions soon.

Amathris

09-21-2012

Quote:
We've found it best to leave questions of the League to player imagination and focus ourselves on character-driven stories
That's honestly really disappointing. I understand that champion bios moved away from addressing characters joining the League because of space limitations. With only a few paragraphs to develop a character, having a single throwaway line about joining the League wasn't that useful. But I was hopeful that when we start getting the "other sources of lore" we've been hearing about since the end of the JoJ and League Judgments, that we'd have a format where we could once again get information about how these newer champions joined the League and what their goals are there.

So from here on out, I have to write my own headcanon if I want to connect the characters you create to the gameplay I experience? That doesn't feel awesome.

I guess part of it is just the frustration of not knowing what you folks in the lore department are planning to do to expand the lore of League of Legends, but the glimpses we have seen make it seem like the League itself is no longer going to be part of the story.

We could really use some kind of update to the "Where our Lore is Going" thread. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1680645

CodeCloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Will kha'zix and rengar have lines specific to each other?

Malurth

09-21-2012

So he eats prey and gains their powers.

Kirby gameplay missed opportunity.

(Granted, this would be way too hard to maintain, but if you just did simple stat/ability boosts based on the type of champion or something it would be maintainable and really cool).