The Chronicles of Essence Reaver - The Oom, the the Build Path and the High Cost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helyous

Member

07-26-2014

Hello, dear Summoners!

Man I must admit I LOVE the Essence Reaver! If only it wasn't stored inside the items vault, I'd steal it and marry it to live happily ever after. But I can't do it so I have to show my love as I can, and that is: finding possible solutions for problems the item have.

The item isn't really troublesome as some things our alchemists still replicate to put on stores and sigh wondering "why, oh why are we still make these, none use it!" but it does has some complications;

-It has an awkward build path
-It doesn't really bring what you are aiming for besides its passive
-Stats simply POP when the item is finished

1. It is built EXACTLY like a Bloodthister. The problem is; you don't get it for the same reasons you get the BT. This menstruation-fandom-leader sword is known for its high AD and its power spyke post B.F. Sword acceptable on people you get it - auto attack reliants - since they'll never suffer from going oom. This isn't the case of Essence Reaver users. The people who wield this summoners'-found-thresh's-spare-sickle are people who are aiming for mana regeneration, for they like to cast tons of spells but still rely on AA for damage.

2. It does fix the mana problem. Except if for some reason you aren't attacking (you are running away, you are zoned, etc etc...) you simply have a weaker edition of the BT

3. Something I particularly hate - stats popping. You build AD and lifesteal and out of nowhere (or perhaps from the Void or the Monolyth or Kayle's world or whatever other plane is out there in this multiverse!!!!) CDR appears.

SOLUTION

What if, like they did for support items with things like the Forbidden Idol, create new reagent items to be mixed together and creating the Essence Reaver. My suggestion is as following:

Mana Crystal + Longsword = Helyous' Longsword of Mananess (15 AD + 250 Mana)

Longsword + Fairy Charm = Helyous' Widesword for Charmous Fairies (15 AD + 5 mana regeneration + 5% CDR)

Helyous' Longsword of Mananess + Helyous' Widesword for Charmous Fairies = Helyous' Double Edged Sword for Mana Charming Fairies (40 AD + 300 Mana + 8 mana regen 10% CDR)

Helyous' Double Edged Sword for Mana Charming Fairies + Vampiric Scepter = Essence Reaver (80 AD + 10% CDR + 10% Lifesteal + 10 mana regen + 300 Mana + Live UNIQUE Passive)

Perhaps with this mana regen and flat mana the ER would need some nerfs to its passive. The flat mana was added because many ER users can/do use the Manamune/Muramana. The problem is, Muramana's toggle could further synergize with ER, increasing its extra damage (after all, an on-hit mana drain and an on-hit mana heal does seem to be attracting each other.
Also, since many reagents for temporary solutions were added to its recipe, you won't be completely Oom until you finally finish your Helyous' Dual-Bladed Scepter for Vampire Mana Charming Fairies. I mean Essence Reaver, sorry ^///^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

17inchcorkscrew

Senior Member

07-26-2014

Or, you know, Forbidden Idol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helyous

Member

07-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17inchcorkscrew View Post
Or, you know, Forbidden Idol.
True. But the fact it doesn't generate any offensive stat doesn't seem to appealing for me. Also, I'm trying to make it so when you finally reduce your recipe to its two final components, they still are around the same amount of AD you get from BT Sword and Vampiric Scepter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

07-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helyous View Post
True. But the fact it doesn't generate any offensive stat doesn't seem to appealing for me. Also, I'm trying to make it so when you finally reduce your recipe to its two final components, they still are around the same amount of AD you get from BT Sword and Vampiric Scepter.
700 gold.

You literally won't pay 700 gold to fix your mana problems. Are you ****ting me?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helyous

Member

07-26-2014

No, I'm not ****ting. If I was, we wouldn't be here on the foruns but in a nice place with red light, darling ;D

So, to fix the problems this item is intended, I need another item. So whats the point of this item on the first place???


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

07-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helyous View Post
No, I'm not ****ting. If I was, we wouldn't be here on the foruns but in a nice place with red light, darling ;D

So, to fix the problems this item is intended, I need another item. So whats the point of this item on the first place???
There are no more items needed. None. At all. In any way, shape, or form, at least on this topic. There does not need to be an advanced component for Essence Reaver. Forbidden Idol is an obscenely cheap, highly effective mana regen item that covers a champion's early costs and grants CDR. It fulfills everything that an advanced component should.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helyous

Member

07-26-2014

But yet it doesn't fulfills the AD needs of an ADC at this point, before he gets the ER. The Vampiric Scepter grants only 10 AD. The 70 AD that will need to pop into the item to make it viable and not obscured for most champions by BT (like it was happening when it granted 60 AD) is exactly 2520g. Unless you plan your adc to hold 2 items granting no damage and small amount of mana regen, I'd say making an expensive item be built from too cheap items isn't the best logic either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

07-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helyous View Post
But yet it doesn't fulfills the AD needs of an ADC at this point, before he gets the ER. The Vampiric Scepter grants only 10 AD. The 70 AD that will need to pop into the item to make it viable and not obscured for most champions by BT (like it was happening when it granted 60 AD) is exactly 2520g. Unless you plan your adc to hold 2 items granting no damage and small amount of mana regen, I'd say making an expensive item be built from too cheap items isn't the best logic either.
700 gold.

Please, wrap your head around the concept of a trade-off for the love of god. Not every single item ever needs to grant every single stat ever. That's a phenomenally stupid idea. On the type of champion that is actually going to be buying an Essence Reaver in the first place, they're going to want everything Forbidden Idol provides. Mp5 for the mana issues, CDR for the spam, and then if it builds into Essence Reaver it'll remain relevant late-game. There is absolutely no need for a cheap AD/Mp5 item. Absolutely none. Zero. Zilch. Nada. No need. No hay necesidad. Ce n'est pas nécessaire. Non opus est. незачем. Nie ma potrzeby.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helyous

Member

07-26-2014

Again, like I said, if the ER is built from the Idol, the final recipe will be TOO expensive and your ADC will take TOO long to have any damage. To make it logical to place an Idol on the recipe, we would need then more AD items into the item. Lets use the pickaxe, for example. But with nothing but Idol and Scepter, the recipe is even worse than it is now.

I never said it NEEDS the flat mana I added. I merely thought it would be good to synergize with the Muramana. An item granting multiple stats isn't even problematic. Look at trinity force generating both AD and AP! But when you make cheap items to put into the build path, it does get a lot smoother (or do you think this ER is easier to make than when you used Pickaxe + Vamp.S.?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

07-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helyous View Post
Again, like I said, if the ER is built from the Idol, the final recipe will be TOO expensive and your ADC will take TOO long to have any damage. To make it logical to place an Idol on the recipe, we would need then more AD items into the item. Lets use the pickaxe, for example. But with nothing but Idol and Scepter, the recipe is even worse than it is now.

I never said it NEEDS the flat mana I added. I merely thought it would be good to synergize with the Muramana. An item granting multiple stats isn't even problematic. Look at trinity force generating both AD and AP! But when you make cheap items to put into the build path, it does get a lot smoother (or do you think this ER is easier to make than when you used Pickaxe + Vamp.S.?)
Jesus H Christ I cannot believe I have to explain this basic concept to you.

In addition to the entire item needed a stat and cost adjustment, YOU CAN ADJUST THE COMBINE COST OF AN ITEM WHEN YOU CHANGE ITS BUILD PATH. THE COMBINE COST OF ESSENCE REAVER WOULD NOT STAY AT 1050g IF FORBIDDEN IDOL WAS ADDED TO IT YOU DENSE MOTHER****ER.

Plus, the cost of ER already needs to be dropped down as Riot's obsession with making it a BT replacement with absolutely no opportunity cost is gonna kill BT. But even if they decide against that, adding a Forbidden Idol to the recipe won't force them to raise the cost of the item, even if they add the Mp5 stat, because COMBINE COSTS ARE NOT SET IN ****ING STONE.