Im about to break down and cry. *boo hoo*

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zayden Wolfsbane

09-21-2012

I am at an all time low in LoL right now, im new to this game and have been playing for about a month or so. I try so hard to do the best job I can and work with my team, but it just seems I get steamed rolled every match. No matter what champion I pick or what lane I play or what items I buy, the enemy opposite of me can troll the **** out of me, zone me out, kill me at will and always seems to be able to evade every killing blow I try and land. I have tried my hardest to read guides, stratagies, spectate ranked and non ranked games, but to no avail...im getting no better and its just starting to demoralize me to an extreme extent. I was told by my team to GTFO and UNINSTALL NOW YOU ****ING NOOB!

I am so lost and I dont know how to get back. I really want to enjoy this game and have fun, but it seems its just 30-45 mins of pure torture every match. I am not someone who rages out, but silently these matches bother me so much. I have no clue where to go from here or what to do, and I feel like listening to those people and just uninstall and move on .

I have been playing Bot games so I can at least have some fun in this game, but every pvp match im in is a LOSS.

Is it me, am I the reason that all this happens everygame, if so how do I improve, where do I turn, what can I do to bridge the gap from feeding to playing.

Please help

P.S. Im level 23 now.

LynnMinmay

09-21-2012

Here are a few things that really helped me as a new player. I'm by no means a godly player (heck, I'm not even a good player yet) but hopefully some of these tips can help you out. They come from friends who are level 30s/my own limited experience.

A: Don't listen to those people and/or mute them if they become too obnoxious.

B: Practice the basics in a custom game, not a bot game. From looking you up it looks like you have an affinity for GP, Caitlyn, and Blitz. Create an unbalanced custom game and practice last-hitting with Caitlyn, or a 1v1 custom game where you practice your grab. Just learning timing in custom games has helped me a lot.

C: Try to find nice people to due queue with. I've lucked out in having some amazing duo partners.

D: As a follow-up to that, try to be the most positive and communicative teammate as possible, even if you're doing poorly. Sometimes just thinking positive can yield great results. One of my duo partners is ALWAYS like this no matter what and whenever I queue with him, even if the rest of our team is raging/feeding or whatever, I still feel like the game can be won always. His positivity and organization really bring a ton to a team, and we've had several come-from-behind victories because of it.

Best of luck! ^ ^

Naison

09-21-2012

Add me im no pro but im always willing to pass on and help someone learn the game

ViciousSeraph

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicaTwin31 View Post

A: Don't listen to those people and/or mute them if they become too obnoxious.
1st off, see quoted text. That exactly.

Secondly, there is a way to get really abusive people punished for being flagrantly negative. If someone is treating you so badly you want to uninstall the game right click their summoner name in the post game lobby and report them. Negativity towards any player is detrimental to the community. We should nurture our new players so the community can grow.

As for needing help. I'll start with this, never 1st time a champ in a PvP game, go to a bot game, or make a custom game as was previously mentioned.

The Champion Spotlights that Riot puts out are a good resource for learning about champs, I personally visit "Ciderhelm"s Youtube channel from time to time, specifically his "Don't Feed..." series as it not only highlights how to play certain champs, but also how to play against them. He does not cover item builds, nor does he usually discuss which abilities to max first, refer to the aforementioned Champion Spotlights for that info.

*Understand some of them are old, and don't use the most recent versions of Mastery/Runes*

Lastly, and most importantly, be patient. When I started playing, I was lvl 1 (obviously) and playing with my friend (lvl 30) and all of his lvl 30 friends. So when we went into a match I was up against... you guessed it, lvl 30 opponents. I didn't have a single rune, and I was getting stomped by lvl 30's with maxed out rune pages and custom mastery pages to boot (presumably). It was like that for a long time, but through patience and persistence I got the basics down, and I gained confidence.

This is it, promise.
Basics to work on:
Map awareness: Keep one eye on the map as often as possible to prevent yourself from getting ganked (I.E. ambushed). You can also hit "tab" and any opponent who is highlighted is within line of site of you or an ally.

Last hitting: Work on only hitting the minions with low health so that one hit from you will kill them and net you the gold. This is important because it generates income without pushing your lane into the enemy turret. Pinning your opponent under their turret for too long in the early game is an invitation for their mid/jungler to come down and gank you. Don't do it unless your confident you can either escape safely, or turn it around and kill the ganker.

Know the Champs: This should go without saying, but knowing the strengths, and especially weaknesses of not only your champ, but the oppositions champs as well will go a long way. To this end, whenever a champ you haven't tried is free, spend some time playing with them, learn what they are good at, and what they are susceptible to. Alternatively, watch videos about champs to get a better idea of their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." -Sun Tzu- The Art of War

TehomCD

09-21-2012

Yeah, first off, as other people have mentioned, don't let jackasses get to you. Ignore them early, and just try to blow them off as best you can. I know how utterly demoralizing it is to meet them, and the best thing to do is to play with nice people from on here if you can.

As far as the losing streak goes, losing streaks happen, especially in blind pick. You get random lane matchups that can be wildly unfavorable, people playing things they're terrible at playing, etc. Games will often be very random due to that, and running into 5-10 game win or loss streaks aren't that rare. Don't let it bother you so much.

One factor that may be contributing, though, is that you've risen in level and may still have habits that made sense from lower level games but don't anymore. Like clarity only really makes sense in low level games where people don't yet have runes or masteries for mana regen on champions who are generally mana hungry, same for tears of the goddess. As you get closer to 30, options like clarity and manamune generally become strictly inferior choices to other options. I'd strongly encourage you to look at approved/featured guides on sites like lolpro.com and solomid.net for recommendations on builds, summoner spells, runes, and masteries. You may want to consider doing somehting like 16/0/7 right now as a compromise mastery setup on mana hungry champions so you can get out of the habit of running clarity, for example.

LowlyingLemur

09-21-2012

I'm a pretty lousy LoL player (i'm improving slowly), but i would just like to mention that League is a very snowball-y game. There isn't all that much difference between going 0-10 and 10-0 (kill/death isn't everything but its still a useful measure). If you have a bad early game, you can play conservatively and turret hug, but chances are you aren't going to have a great late game. And conversely.

Don't let anyone get you down, keep practicing, take a break if you get too frustrated and most of all have fun

Artifictional

09-21-2012

Best advice ive ever been given
If you go 0/2 in early game, never engage any enemy until midgame teamfights break out
If you couldn't kill them when you were on even footing, you wont be able to kill them when they have a level or gold advantage

Zayden Wolfsbane

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicaTwin31 View Post

B: Practice the basics in a custom game, not a bot game. From looking you up it looks like you have an affinity for GP, Caitlyn, and Blitz. Create an unbalanced custom game and practice last-hitting with Caitlyn, or a 1v1 custom game where you practice your grab. Just learning timing in custom games has helped me a lot.
^ ^
That was another thing I was ridiculed for, using my arm as blitzcrank and missing. My team would zone me out by saying "Dont miss this time noobcrank". I didnt even think about this that I could practice without champions in the game, that is a great idea and I will do that. It will also be good to maybe do a 1/5 and just practice grabbing the enemies and pulling them into my turrets. Thanks for the advice.

Zayden Wolfsbane

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
One factor that may be contributing, though, is that you've risen in level and may still have habits that made sense from lower level games but don't anymore. Like clarity only really makes sense in low level games where people don't yet have runes or masteries for mana regen on champions who are generally mana hungry, same for tears of the goddess. As you get closer to 30, options like clarity and manamune generally become strictly inferior choices to other options. I'd strongly encourage you to look at approved/featured guides on sites like lolpro.com and solomid.net for recommendations on builds, summoner spells, runes, and masteries. You may want to consider doing somehting like 16/0/7 right now as a compromise mastery setup on mana hungry champions so you can get out of the habit of running clarity, for example.
I have poor mana management skills, I was compensating by taking clarity. Mistake understood and I will never make that mistake again. Ty

WuffleWuffle

09-21-2012

I'm new too. I've found if you explain you're new at the beginning of the game, most people are less "ragey". Also, practicing vs. AI with other players is a good way to go too (explain you're new still); as you can practice yourself, but also observe others and work together in a team. This lets you get a handle on support roles/champs like Sona (which you don't really get a handle on in 1on1 custom games).