The POOTERSS story

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lhyanc

09-21-2012

Very cool. I have wondered how it all evolved.

Thanks for the story.

NamKim

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
I can say from experience that playing vs pooterss is actually fairly dull as it just takes a team to understand the playstyle and assign someone to just track and stop him all game. In the game vs PECS that he linked, you can watch Painkillar do this with Janna. I have done it in blind pick with Eve, Fiora, and Pantheon. The style takes advantage of players who have no sense of adaptation or teamwork.
Yes, but if I am Janna and I play the Benny Hill Theme then it is instantly enjoyable!!

But on a serious note, I just enjoy going against people with unconventional playstyles. Even if it is an annoying one, the first time around would be enjoyable. Second and third time around...yeah...

cralix

09-21-2012

U sir, deserve a medal

Melvear

09-21-2012

I actually liked facing pooterss when I played draft. As soon as I saw a combination of janna blitz zilean and rammus, I knew what was coming. Pick Talon and proceed to hunt down Teh Pooterss.

pucakuro

09-21-2012

We have to thank Pooters for inspiring other people to play like him and fail miserably.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Always love ya Poot poot <3

Also look for me in

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=pooterss

!

Panwar

09-21-2012

I countered a Janna/Zilean pootering team with Teemo one time. Though they probably weren't of the same skill level as Pooters.

Actually one of the funnest games I played as it was super fast, and entertaining trying to figure out where they would be next and to place shrooms strategically to help me in my chase against them. It was also kind of a switch up playing Teemo, as usually people are chasing me.

Hinagiku

09-21-2012

I've played once with Pooters and several times against, and I have mixed feelings. The match played with, even fully aware of the strat, didn't go that well as the other team was well prepared for it. The matched I've played against, though, have led to some epic games, with people zipping around the map, valiant defenses while outnumbered, that sort of thing. Definitely much fun, though I recall two of the matches came down to the last few points or so, and thus were exceedingly stressful.

Redeemed In Fire

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
meh, all your method of play does is make the game no fun to play for your team and the blind team of randoms chasing you around the map.
I'm probably going to get downvoted but I agree with this. As a solo player, it sucks and is boring to deal with backcappers.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

I like how POOT forgot about me in his story, we've been in a relationship for 2 months now he wants to see other women *sniff*

He doesn't love my Rammus anymore jk

On the real, POOTERSS is one of the best people I've played with AND against. The only person to have ever challenged, and successfully, destroyed the notion of a meta by creating a playstyle of his own that works.

People only hate it because they'd rather conform to a meta; the less they have to think or change their playstyle, the happier they be. I know POOTERSS isn't asking for praise but he very well deserves it. I mean his name will be forever immortalized as a playstyle on a map; even if you don't like the playstyle, you cannot refute that he will remain a well-known player for doing something different and doing it well. Tip my hat off to this guy.

Also, Double Poot > ALL.

EDIT: Actually I remember posting in this thread:

Quote:
This lead to the "dodge period" of Feb 2012-March 2012. During this time, I had climbed to about 1800 elo, and was beginning to cause dodges in draft mode dominion. I was playing draft mode at the time because I thought it was what the best players did. Everyone started dodging me, so much so that a thread was started in mid Feb 2012 about Zilean dodging.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=pooterss
Never dreamed that I'd actually be playing with the legendary POOTS and causing mayhem xD

1234567 ... 8