The POOTERSS story

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
meh, all your method of play does is make the game no fun to play for your team and the blind team of randoms chasing you around the map.

And bring up the names Elalya and Talith PA in your post doesn't echo well in my mind. After all the girl Elalya's came up with some wacky tier list (can't find the post) that Talith PA followed like a lap dog. Only to have a much better Tier list a week or 2 later from Sauron that everyone praised which took a more realistic view on how Dominion is played. And the true value of champs and their roles.
I don't think you understand his post. He wasn't seeking praise or anything. POOTERSS is probably the most well-known Dominion player next to Sauron, Nekrogen & Feedski, so he's talking about how his style came to be. I thought it was a cool read because I've legitimately been curious about how he came up with it. Not saying it's good or bad (like Backdoor Yi in SR), it's just different and an interesting read.

NamKim

09-21-2012

I never met Pooterss, but from the things I heard about him. He is the type of summoner I wish there were more of.

-Stays positive no matter what.
-Unconventional playstyle that somewhat challenged the meta (was the meta around at this time?)
-Became a meta
-He was banned yet he continued his playstyle because he knew it worked
-Always make spectating a game enjoyable (Someone please install Pooterss Cam)

Pooterss is definitely I would be honored playing with or against. Also because if I'm facing him in a game, then that would mean my Dominion suddenly jumped over 1000.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Pooterss is definitely I would be honored playing with or against. Also because if I'm facing him in a game, then that would mean my Dominion suddenly jumped over 1000.
I can say from experience that playing vs pooterss is actually fairly dull as it just takes a team to understand the playstyle and assign someone to just track and stop him all game. In the game vs PECS that he linked, you can watch Painkillar do this with Janna. I have done it in blind pick with Eve, Fiora, and Pantheon. The style takes advantage of players who have no sense of adaptation or teamwork.

Genericke

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOTERSS View Post
The POOTERSS story:

[B]

This lead to the "dodge period" of Feb 2012-March 2012. During this time, I had climbed to about 1800 elo, and was beginning to cause dodges in draft mode dominion. I was playing draft mode at the time because I thought it was what the best players did. Everyone started dodging me, so much so that a thread was started in mid Feb 2012 about Zilean dodging.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=pooterss
I remember making that thread .

Did you try and protest your ban at all?

POOTERSS

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
I remember making that thread .

Did you try and protest your ban at all?
I think I sent them an email, and they gave the generic "don't do it again" response. This one

Hello Summoner,

I understand that suspensions can be frustrating. Your account was reviewed by our Tribunal system, in which accounts that been repeatedly reported in multiple games are examined by your fellow summoners. They are provided with chat logs and other relevant stats to assist them in reaching an appropriate decision, and the system is regularly reviewed by Riot employees to make sure these decisions are fair and appropriate. Offensive language and/or intentional disruption of gameplay are the main reasons for most cases brought before the Tribunal. If you feel unsure as to what sort of behavior is appropriate, please consult the Summoner's Code and our Knowledge Base article on reporting players, both of which I have linked below.

Please note that this is a temporary suspension, as we prefer to give players the opportunity to improve their behavior rather than permanently ban an account on which they have spent time and effort. However, suspensions can increase in length if a player does not improve their behavior and is brought before the Tribunal multiple times. Our goal is to create a gaming environment in which everyone can enjoy themselves. I am sure you have encountered players yourself that needed to improve their behavior, so hopefully you can understand the motivation behind the Tribunal.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

I got my first chance to anti-poot in one of the in-house games. It was fun chasing you around Janna (I was the Sona). Hopefully, I'll do better next time in catching you!

SpiderParadox

09-21-2012

However you feel about POOTERSS or his strategy (I will still say I groan when someone chooses Zilean still) his ELO and winrate speak for themselves...

TCWA Tigerbite

09-21-2012

Triple Poot is the best. Zil/Rammus/Lulu roaming around all over the place. Haha.

DevlJoe

09-21-2012

ilu poot

I can't imagine it's terribly fun to play against you, but games that you're in are pretty damn fun to watch. It's like you forcibly make the game more dynamic than it already is.

HaIfhearted

09-21-2012

I do think that POOTERSS has helped improve our meta, and I am very appreciative of that.

A single person continuously backcapping everything kind of forces people to learn how to deal with the backcapping strat, which is certainly a good thing.

Plus, the current POOTERSS is a paragon of positive thinking and politeness.

<3 POOTERSS, and <3 vrooom Zilean.

123456 ... 8