What should be a requirement for *NEW SUMMONERS*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ACGIFT

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaterCircleFour View Post
guides are toxic to the community
if you begin to build situationally for a game, like a thornmail against a yi or a negatron cloak against a fed mage, everyone on your team will be all "OMG NUB THAT IS NOT IT XXXXX's GUIDE FOR COrKI LRn2PLAY UNINSTALL YOU BADDIE NUB"
The problem, indeed, is so many players who stick adamantly to a set build. That's often the sign I take of an unskilled player: I see them taking the recommended build too closely. Granted, often enough for a few champions (like Singed) most feasible builds will stick pretty close to it, (I've yet to find a match with a good reason not to go Rod of Ages and Boots of Swiftness first, for instance) but yeah, too many people fail to understand that situational building can easily tip a game.

One of my last matches had us going up against one of the classic fallacy opponents: the all-AD team. In such a case you should ALWAYS have your tanky people rush thornmail, and this will readily shut them down... But no one bothered listening to my suggestions, so it was up to me (with an ADC) to build one, simply to stop being focused down. Wound up winning, but it was a TERRIBLE team.

Too many people look at a non-vanilla build and go "NOOB" but the real issue is that while yes, some builds show that someone doesn't know how to play, if it's clear that there's a serious focus emerging, a method to the madness, then it's a clear sign that there's SOMETHING backing up the notion that it'd work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magus Crow

09-22-2012

Most of the guides I read have a couple of 'core' items for a champion and then suggestions based on AP, AD and various othe teams compositions out there.

As a side note depending on the opposing team Ninja Tabi and a Frozen Heart are probably also good items to throw out there for your team to look at getting and if there was ever a time to dust off Rammus in a draft pick this would be the kind of team to do it to.