Oktoberfest Gragas Now On Tap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
You have no idea how happy it makes me to read this.

The fan artist we leveraged for this comic has long been one of my absolute favorites, and I must admit I'm a little proud he's a German summoner. The German community has known him for a while now, and I felt that as the skin was clearly German-inspired, it would make sense to approach a well-known German fan artist for the comic. I was overjoyed to see how much he got into the whole concept. I delivered a silly little script to him and he turned it into an eye-popping little comic.

Go and show Gunnar some love! How cool is his Hextech Karma? His steampunky Hextech Teemo? And his (borderline NSFW) Sealed Morgana? He also posts lots of WIPs and sketches, so if you're an artist yourself you might find his technique interesting.
I would love that Morgana as a skin, i wouldnt really say its borderline NSFW though, at least, not anymore then her normal skins haha.

TheEnygma

09-23-2012

Quote:

The fan artist we leveraged for this comic has long been one of my absolute favorites, and I must admit I'm a little proud he's a German summoner. The German community has known him for a while now, and I felt that as the skin was clearly German-inspired, it would make sense to approach a well-known German fan artist for the comic. I was overjoyed to see how much he got into the whole concept. I delivered a silly little script to him and he turned it into an eye-popping little comic.

Go and show Gunnar some love! How cool is his Hextech Karma? His steampunky Hextech Teemo? And his (borderline NSFW) Sealed Morgana? He also posts lots of WIPs and sketches, so if you're an artist yourself you might find his technique interesting.
you totally gotta make that Karma skin

Machine Herald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:

Keep doing it! I think the comic is great, and so are all the skins showing multiple champs (like Pool Party Ziggs, as well as a few others). Loving the trend.

PS: Would pay legendary price for that Karma skin.

Ornan

09-23-2012

mfw that comic is great

Yohan Leafheart

09-23-2012

That karma skin... Pure win!

Bjergsen

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornan View Post
mfw that comic is great
gotta love those people that say mfw when it makes absolutely no sense.

Lancat

09-24-2012

Olaf so happy

Malrock3

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
This was a nice little extra that came from one of our [url2=http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fg unnstration.blogspot.de%2F]German summoners[/url2] (really awesome artist), so not something we're planning on doing regularly. Nevertheless, something I'll talk to the team about. We'll see.
Perhaps you could commission comics from the guy who drew this one? Seems to generally have gotten a positive response from this thread? (the hire him option)

OR

Quick Riot hire more artists!!! We need comics!!!! (hire some one else option)

OR

Comic contests for each new skin? winner gets to debut in the actual skin post? (crowd source it option)

Tis a sad day when it is discovered no future comics are planned!
Riot PLS!!!!!! MOAR COMICS! (do something please to bring us comics option)

Edit: Also first time quoted by riot and i was quoted 2x!!!

Zenthamos

09-24-2012

Seeing this skin come out really made me happy while on the plane ride to back home from the largest Oktoberfest festival in America over in Cincinnati, Ohio. Truly, it was a three day heaven.